Friday, February 16, 2007

How The West Was Won

I came 2nd in a Full Tilt $11 turbo last night before winning an 18 player $15 turbo at Stars, and
I had a rough plan to go through some key hands along the way in todays post.I'd requested a 'Stars tourney history email but unlike Party it only gives a dull stats summary so I'm screwed for content today! Here they are anyway for anyone seeking an insomnia cure...

109 hands played and saw flop: - 2 times out of 23 while in small blind (8%) - 8 times out of 24 while in big blind (33%) - 5 times out of 62 in other positions (8%) - a total of 15 times out of 109 (13%) Pots won at showdown - 6 out of 7 (85%) Pots won without showdown - 27

I think the number of pots won without showdown reflects the fact it was one of those dream sng's where I built a big lead at just the right time and then stole just enough to make that lead almost insurmountable.I say almost because I'm always wary that one steal gone wrong and a bad beat or two can soon cripple a big stack.

The Full Tilt sng 2nd place was fairly non eventful apart from the last two hands where I sucked out with 95 v AJ and then went out on the next hand when my AQ sooooted was busted by 107.The villian and I both managed a "lol" about that.Oh and I did catch him out when he limped for the first time in the whole game and gave me free cards until the turn.Something smelled shady and when I folded to his bet he showed KK.I think the reason I sussed him was that it's the kind of mixing it up play I make myself sometimes ,especially Heads-up where a bet usually only takes the blinds.

Setting up later plays by limping with rubbish and then folding to reraises from aggressive players before finally catching a hand and playing the same way ( apart from the folding part obv) is one way I'll sometimes play my monsters.

Mrs A is out tonight and we have the grandkids staying tomorrow night so there should be plenty of time to play.Dropped my car off this morning to get a repair quote due to the knocking noise when I turn left.£275 to fix it and she goes in next Friday.Cue the emptying of my paypal account to pay for it.Having paid a fortune to fix her up last September at the MOT I'm hoping this will be the last expense for a while.I reckon it's the speed bumps on our street which is causing most of the suspension/linkage type problems rather than it simply being down to the age of the car.

My car loan is up in July and my Dad reckons I should trade it in soon but it's the best car I've ever owned ( Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 v6) and I'm really hoping to get another year of motoring from her.

Thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 17 February, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Time to go sensible and buy a volvo. :-)

 
At Saturday, 17 February, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey I was the proud owner of a Volvo 480.Saved my life in an accident that car!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document