Saturday, February 10, 2007

Turbos n 6 max

I played some sng's with Miami Mark and the S-man last night and managed 3/6 ITM with two wins at Full Tilt and had no joy in the $15 ,18 player turbo at 'Stars.

Mrs A spent most of the evening upstairs watching movies.She's started to go through "the change" and the mood swings are coming thick n fast.She's been to the Docs for stuff and hopefully things will settle down over the next few weeks.The joys of being a toy boy eh!

I wasn't in the greatest mood myself when I got in last night after what seemed like a helluva long day at work dealing with the awkward squad.Mrs A and I are still considering what to do for our holidays this year.We've been lucky enough to be able to go abroad at least three times a year recently but I'm hoping to finally get the c/card paid off and Mrs A already has a break planned with her Dad and Step A in July.

I've booked a weeks leave from March 19th and I'm off in June too.My cousin is quite keen to visit Amsterdam and I'd probably rather go in June as the weather should be sunny.There's not much to beat chilling a coffee shop, smokin' outside in the sun watching the world go by.

Back to the poker and after my sng fun I opened up Laddys and two tabled $50 nl 6 max until ( and yes I was enjoying a wee smoke) I could barely focus and it was time to hit the sack.I just couldn't get going on one table and dropped nearly $20 whereas the other table was kinder to me and I left up around $70.( net $54 profit).

Getting the money in with KK preflop v AK and hitting a flush was my biggest winner, followed by a strange wee hand where I bet $1.75 to steal preflop with Kd7d when it was folded to me in the small blind ,and then I remembered that the big blind was playing 80% of hands and hadn't folded to a raise yet.The flop came 6c Jc Kh and I led out for $3.50 hoping to represent AK and take it down.He called, and I fired out a $5.25 ( half pot) bet after the 2s fell on the turn.He called that too, but from the way he'd been playing, although I wouldn't have been too shocked to have been behind ,something told me I had him.The river was a 10s and although AQ now worried me slightly,I felt he would have reraised preflop with it so I bet out $10.50,he called ,I won and he mucked.

I did play another slightly weird hand against the same player where I raised to $2.50 from mid position with AsQs and he called.The flop came 5d Ac Ad and I led out for $3 hoping to look like I was weak and making a continuation bet with nothing.He duly raised to $6 and after a 7h on the turn,he bet $9.12, which I called.I reckoned he had either the flush draw,QQ/KK or had me beaten with a boat but when the Ks came on the river I felt the boat was highly unlikely and KK even less likely so I bet out $18 and he folded.

One wee observation from recent games and feel free to agree or disagree, is that when people bluff, they seem to use the slider to bet odd amounts, or a lot of the time they make their bet end in 50c.( $3.50, $10.50 etc).I don't know if they are betting the 50c to make it look like they are making a value bet, or they want to make it look like they've really thought about exactly how much they wish to bet as they have a great hand ,but recently most slider ( $7.23,$4.26 etc) bets seem to mean weakness.

Ok,Mrs A is working tonight so just for a change,it's poker for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document