Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thus update

I think perhaps I need a day or two away from the poker to help rid myself of a bit of the malaise that seems to have fallen like a mist over my game ( and blog to some extent).I mentioned previously that I wanted to dedicate more time to actually playing the game, rather than surfing the net, but to be honest my desire to play seems to be on the wane, and that in turn means less concentration at the tables which can only lead to poorer results.

At the tables I enjoyed playing a wee $5 sng at Laddys with MiasDad the other night ( didn’t make money) before moving to a $50 nl 6 max table where I won about $35 with a set of sixes.I was quite pleased with my play because although the flush scare card fell on the river ,my read was that the villain wasn’t drawing to the flush so I bet out after she made a small bet and she called for another $15.I’m always wary of the weak lead bet but in general at my levels the size of the bet tells the right story about the strength of the villains hand.

The S-man was over last night and we played a couple of sng’s on his FT account and managed a 3rd and a loss when our tens fell to AJ.Good times indeed.

I hit up a ‘Stars 18 player turbo after that but 1010 was destined to be my hand of doom at that site too.I’d usually raise with 1010 from mid position in a turbo however I decided to limp and so did a few others until the big blind suddenly raised all in.I’ve mentioned how I like to make squeeze plays where I make a large raise when last to act after a few people have limped, and the big blind raise smelled like that kind of move to me.I suspected I’d be in a race or ahead of a lesser pair ,he showed AQ and hit a Q to send me and my good read to the rail.

I moved to Full Tilt and played an $11 turbo sng quite poorly when I raised with 99,was reraised all in and instead of following my instincts and folding,I called and crashed out to QQ when I didn’t improve.

The Party cash tables came calling after that debacle and once again I had an almost break even session and finished only a few dollars up despite being dealt AA twice within the short ½ hour that I played.

Ok, tonight our family are going to my parents for dinner and tomorrow night my mate Mark ( who used to be up every Wed until he moved away) is coming round for some Half-life fun so I’ll be back in a few days.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 01 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good night my friend.

10's were a pain in the *ss, but still the correct play IMHO - we placed them on their hands and lost the race!

Who Dares Wins

Play Hard Win Easy

My new SAS/poker slogans...

 
At Friday, 02 February, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

More like Who dares gets fucked by the river!

Not sure about the play hard ,win easy one either.This game very rarely seems to be easy :-)

Catch you again soon mate...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document