Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ziggin' n Zaggin'

Not much bankroll movement over the last couple of nights.I played in a Laddys player points $50k gtd sat last night and went out 50th.I was doing just fine until I made a turbo move and raised from early position with 77 and called a large reraise ,only to face KK and not improve.I still had chips but that was effectively the end of that challenge.

Hats off to one of my fine sponsors Full Tilt for the speedy response to their site freezing on Sunday night, whilst I was in the middle of an $11 turbo sng.I received an email apology ,a refund and a $5 goodwill payment without any prompting.

I did move to ‘Stars after that outage and introduced Miami Mark to the my new poker fetish,the $2.75 Sunday Million triple turbo shootout.I don’t play many MTT’s but I’d love to take a shot at a $1m prize pool.I think I was spoiled by the Laddys $100k Saturday freeroll they used to run.Anyway in my first turbo shootout I was wondering why the table wasn’t balancing when players were knocked out, before eventually realising that it’s the winner of each table who moves on.It’s limited to 216 players and you get your $215 ticket by winning three 6 max turbo tables.No joy so far but I like the format.

Last night after going out the Laddys satellite I played another 18 player $15+$1 turbo at ‘Stars.I played a good game and seemed to zig and zag at all the right times.I executed one fine squeeze play from the button when the blinds were 100/200.I was getting a little low in chips and had been the tightest at the table as usual when I look down to KQ. I’d been about to steal on the previous few hands but ended up folding to raises before me.There were three limpers before me which meant a 900 chip pot so I moved all in and took all the dead money after they all folded.It’s not a play I make many times in an sng but it can be highly effective for accumulating chips if you have the right table image to carry it off.

I made it to the final table but went out when I made a good call against a regular blind stealer.He had been caught with stealing with K5 previously and when he made the button steal with his A6 spades I reraised with my A9 ( known as The Daddy by Miami Mark) and made a tough call when he set me all in ,only for the villain to make his flush.

I took a wee break and hit the cash tables at Laddys and then Party for an hour after that and apart from the drama of splitting a pot ( after we were both all in for $50 each) with a villain who had the same full house as me ,I left aprox $3 up.

I felt as though I was playing good poker at the cash tables.I was very tight/passive until I got some reads and then opened out my game a bit and stole enough to keep me just ahead of the rake.

Ok,That's it for today.Hope these make you smile...

Howzat!
A DRIVER weaving erratically down the road was asked by the police officer who pulled him over to breathe into a breathalyser, but he declined and produced a letter from his doctor which stated: "This man suffers from terrible asthma. Please don't make him perform any action that'll leave him short of breath."

So the officer asked for a blood sample, but then a second letter was produced which said: "This man is a haemophiliac. Please do not cause him to bleed in any way."

Exasperated the officer said he would need a urine sample, but at that a third letter was flourished in which was written: "This man plays cricket for England. Please don't take the piss out of him."


Do we believe the chap in the pub who was telling his mates about being stopped by the police while speeding? He claimed he pulled over when the flashing light went on behind him, put his window down and then the officer asked him: "I suppose you know why I'm stopping you?"

In a mad moment of optimism he replied: "Are you looking for directions by any chance?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document