Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Party time

I was feeling quite tired last night so I didn’t play too much poker although I did manage to win half a buy-in at FT’s cash tables and lose it in a couple of $11 turbo’s.I got a “lol” “ 7’s?” in the chat box after I’d reraised a donkey all in,he called with AQ and my sevens held up.I’m usually silent in the chat but couldn’t resist pointing out he’d made the call and was behind when he did.There was already a limper when he made a small raise ( he’d been raising on a regular basis) so I hoped to squeeze out both players with my bet.Not my fault he called off his chips with the worst of it!

I’ve not made the money in my last few FT Turbo’s and decided to play one at Party for a change.I’ve played very few turbo sng’s at Party because sharkscope only works in beta mode there and doesn’t give stats for more than a few players at the table.On the upside though ,the tourney history they send is great and was well worth checking over to see where I made mistakes.( I came 3rd $11 turbo).

The hand histories helped illustrate how situation poker can be.I folded A10 to a raise in one hand and called a raise with A3 in a later hand.I don’t remember the last time I called a raise with A3 when 7 players were still in an sng, but it had folded round and it was an all in move from a shortstack (930 raise,I had paid 200 in bb) which I just sensed was a bit of a desperate move and called.He showed J9o/s and I won.I’m still not sure about the call but at least I went with my instinct.

Not long back from visiting Mother Acorn where I was well fed and in return helped my Mum to a 3rd and a win at Party $6 turbo sng's.She said she did try playing a standard speed sng but it was too slow.I know the feeling!

I'm off to the Gers game at Ibrox tomorrow night and I'm going to try and stay away from the tables when I get back.Friday nights plan is to go to the cinema to see "The Last King of Scotland ".Right I've wittered enough for today...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 22 February, 2007, Blogger Rosie said...

yeah, that is a bit spammy given its a commercial site, but who am I?

let me know what the film's like A, I'd like to see it

 
At Thursday, 22 February, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I'll mull that one over for a bit Snoopy.Links to UK poker blogs at Blondepoker would persuade me :-)

Hi Rottie,Looks like the cinemas out.Mrs A is still not feeling so good.Soon though..soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document