Saturday, February 17, 2007

Swindle? It's a Swindle...

I began last nights poker fest with S-man and Miami Mark by coming 2nd in two $6 turbo sng's.I made the 2nd table of the $2 Sunday Million qualifier at 'Stars and then donked out which was daft because I'd played good poker to win the first one after being reduced to 300 chips when I ran 99 into a slow played KK.

Cranked up a 'Stars 18 player $15 turbo and promptly ran my flopped set of fours into a set of sixes to go out first.Whilst on the bubble of the next one I began another, however I made the stupid mistake of playing the new game as if I was on the bubble too and was soon in trouble with 66 on a 5 4 4 flop.I was so busy on the real bubble ,that I thought I was only up against one player with my 66, and he appeared to make a weak postflop bet I reckoned could mean he'd missed with AK/AQ etc.I reraised and watched in horror as the invisible ( can happen after a few herbals!) 3rd player in the hand reraised again.

I blasted out of that one a short time later but managed to come back from being 5th with 700 chips to winning in the other one.After a careless play at a cash table which cost me nearly a buy-in ( still at 'Stars) I let Miami Mark persuade me to play a $55+$5 ,18 player turbo.Afterall my 'Stars roll is for taking a shot and as my balance was over $400 I decided to give it try.I made the final table before a disappointing end.

I had about $2k in chips at that Final table with the blinds at around 100-200 ( with antes) when a solid winning player raised to $800 from UTG.( 1st to act).I had AQ which is a hand I don't like calling raises with.In fact I don't like calling raises at anytime in a turbo sng as I much prefer to be the one doing the betting.Anyway I was close to folding until I thought it through and reckoned that my tight play, the fact that making a raise from UTG looks very strong and also that he'd raised to 800 and not gone all in, meant that he was trying to use these factors to represent a much stronger hand than he actually had.Maybe I overthought it and he just thought "I have QK,let's steal",who knows.

I raised him all in ,he called and although the A J 8 flop and ragged turn looked good and I began eyeing the $4k in chips which was about to come my way,the river did deliver ( is that why they call it Riverstars?!) and the 10 fell to give him the straight and IRFTS ( I rammed fist through screen).That's poker and in the cold light of day today I can say that at least my read seemed right and my money went in as ( big) favourite.Also, it was only one sng but I didn't see much in terms of the play at $55 level to worry me much.

Poker tonight and then the Gers game tomorrow are my plans for the rest of the weekend.Back with a stats post tomorrow...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 17 February, 2007, Blogger the_main said...

Hey I like your blog. I've linked to you from mine: http://themainsdomain.blogspot.com/

If you feel the same add me to your blog list so that we get a two-way link and thus a better google ranking.

Let me know.

Take care,

 
At Sunday, 18 February, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for the comment Main.I've added your link.Good luck at the tables..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document