Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tues Update

Mrs A and I seem to have been getting on a lot better over the last few days.My only worry is that I suggested going to Relate ( relationship counselling) at the weekend and she reckoned things were so bad it would be a waste of time and yet now ,only a few days later, it’s as if that conversation never took place.It’s hard to tell if we’ve turned a corner or the clock is just ticking until the next ( and probably final) blow-up.

I missed the start of last nights Wsop Laddys freeroll because Step A had fallen out with her wee friend during a game of hide n seek and there were a few tears.Thankfully her wee friend knocked on the door to apologise and with all finally being well,I hit the tables.
It was fairly non-eventful for me and a lack of anything remotely playable meant I was never in with much of a shout and when I finally went out aprox half way through the field I wasn’t too bothered.

Miami Mark and the ‘Stars 18 player $15 turbo’s were calling so I logged in,fired up Sharky and settled down ready to fold a lot.My tens fell to a flush in my first game and although I was slightly annoyed at myself for not reraising preflop ( He’d raised with A4s from UTG) I did make him pay way too much to make his hand on the turn.That hand crippled me and I was out soon afterwards.

The next game wasn’t going so well either so I two tabled and was lucky enough to build a big stack at my new table which was just aswell as I didn’t last much longer at the first one.
My big stack stayed big thankfully and in the end I was disappointed to take 2nd after getting the other HU villain got lucky more than once on the river.The funniest aspect of that sng was that Mrs A arrived home from work right on the bubble and Miami Mark was knocked out by another player whilst trying to steal my blinds because I was busy.Justice was done!

I needed that wee boost and finished off the night by winning a wee $5 shorthanded sng at Pokerroom.

Meeting my wee sister for lunch tomorrow,renting Saw 3 on Thursday night and should be heading out for a few beers with workmates on Friday night.

Back soon....

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 27 February, 2007, Blogger Rosie said...

Acorn,
I'm sorry to hear about this,you clearly demonstrate you have a lot to bring to any relationship and your forbearance in light of your difficulties with Mrs A, has been amazing.
For what its worth;(from a woman with a HUGELY successful relationship history ;0, as you know!) Make an appointment for relate. Firstly, it makes it less likely that your next row *will* be your last, especially with a mediator there. Secondly, it might work, and thirdly, if it doesn't work then the process of breaking up will be easier for everyone involved, especially step A. If Mrs A doesn't seem all that keen, you can go by yourself, if you think talking over any umm, strategies might help the situation.

Thats all I have really, except empathy
Good luck!

 
At Tuesday, 27 February, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for that Rosie.I hope I haven't made myself out to be the angel in all this though.Mrs A has been through a hellish year and although I've tried to support her perhaps less poker and less retreating into my own shell were in order.

I will maybe bring up the relate idea again with Mrs A but for now I'm just glad things are going ok.

Righty my sng is about to start :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document