Sunday, March 18, 2007

The $164 ave pot table ( $50nl) + stats


Mrs A was out last night so after my pizza I hit the tables with the s-man.I played five $6 turbos and only came out on top in one of them when I beat the s-man heads up with a highly skillful move, when I knew an Ace was coming on the river and suckered him and his cowboys into going all in preflop.A quick "nh sir" from the s-man and we moved on.(and if ye believe that...!)
I managed to win an $11 turbo after that before taking my own advice on table selection and checking out Ladbrokes lobby for any laddies maddies.I'm glad I did because I found a 6 max $50 nl buy in table with a $74 average pot.That wasn't a typo,it really did average $74 and that pot average peaked at an unbelievable $164 at one stage.The s-man witnessed it and sent me the screenshot above.( thanks s-man)

I watched in amazement as one player ( haue76) simply moved all in on every hand and rebought time after time when he busted.I was on the waiting list in number 1 position and almost had to wipe the spittle from my keyboard I was drooling so much in anticipation.I encouraged the s-man to join too and he was very unlucky to get it in the middle with A10 V A4 as the villain hit his lucky 4 to knock him out.

It was an unusual game in that all I had to do when I caught a hand was limp and then call the enevitable all in that followed.I berated the s-man for raising preflop ( 44 I think he had) because Mr All-in manaic simply folded to anyone else aggression preflop and the s-man took the blinds with his bet.( sorry s-man!)

So just what hands do you play when a maniac is all in on every hand? Any Ace and pocket pair? KQ? K10?

Well I won with 88,A9 and Aces twice for a sweet $240 profit.At one stage the maniac had over $600 and although he slowed down a little that meant he only raised $10 preflop and usually pushed no matter what the flop was.

He called me a fish and begged me to call several times before showing his nasty side and telling me I would die within 2 days."I hope not,I'm off to the Dam on Tues " was my jovial reply.All I was concerned with was keeping him at the table and managed to keep him sweet after a couple of others at the table made daft aquarium tapping comments."Are you usually a high stakes player?" I asked."What do you think" he replied. "Thanks for swimming with us fishies" I typed back.

I added him to my buddy list and want to thank him for his one man mission to make sure I stayed in profit after a not very spectacular two weeks at the tables since my last stats update.Table selection,table selection ,table selecton! Don't leave home without it!
I joined Rosie for a wee $10 standard speed sng and neither of us made the money before I won $10 at a 'Stars cash game and broke even after 20 mins at Party.

We're heading over to my parents place shortly for a mothers day/birthday meal ( Mrs A B/day on Tues) and plan to watch Blood Diamond on dvd when we get back.I'm looking forward to a long lie in tomorrow morning before I take a wee blogging/poker break for a few days.( did I mention I'm off to Amsterdam?!)

Here are my latest stats: Ladbrokes $1349,Pokerroom $747, Full Tilt $1236, Party $447.Total $3779. ( + $109 since March 4th)

Seven registered so far for the Britbloggerment $5nl tourney ( under private tab) at 'Stars on Sunday 25th at 4pm EST ( 9pm UK time).One week to go! All welcome and the password ( lower case) is donkament.

Ok,thanks to The Cloud for his last comment. I think I've got the start time sorted.It's damn confusing because the US clocks have gone forward already and our ( UK) clocks go forward next Sunday at 1am.

Soooooo the sign up time at 'Stars will always show as 4pm and on the day ( Sun 25th) we'll kick off at 9pm thanks to the clocks moving forward earlier that day.( at 1am).Sorry for any confusion.

In fact ( I'm sure he wont mind) here's The Clouds fine banner to clarify...Nice work!


Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Sunday, 18 March, 2007, Blogger Wildcat said...

Hello, I found you through Gatsby. Very good blog! I've linked you, any chance you could do the same for me?

All the best!

 
At Sunday, 18 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Wildcat.Added your link.Gl at the tables.

 
At Monday, 19 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A nice evenings work then. Don't go smoking it all in Amsterdamage :)

Have a good time and lets have a trip report wneh you return :)

 
At Monday, 19 March, 2007, Blogger the_main said...

Hope you make it through the next 2 days ;)

 
At Monday, 19 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Trip report? I came ,I saw,I smoked,I came home again! Look for that kind of insightful analysis on my return!

 
At Monday, 19 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

acorn
i am not registered .... yet .... but i will be .... you have all been warned ;)
keeping my id a secret .... untill i bust someone with completely crap hand that should have been folded and not called the second re-raise ... then you'll know !

dD

 
At Monday, 19 March, 2007, Blogger GWC said...

Signed up for the blogger tourney and looking forward to it!

Its nice having rich tilters visit your table once in a while. I've seen it happen a couple of times but unfortunately never profited like you did. Well done!

 
At Monday, 19 March, 2007, Blogger FloppyJT said...

Nice profit off the maniac! I tend to play too tight against the pushtards.

 
At Monday, 19 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Good stuff dD.Looking forward to some horrendous suckouts!

Thanks Cadmunkey,I'm just glad my hands held up at that table.

 
At Monday, 19 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Believe me Floppy I was tight!
I hated folding hands like AJ,K10 sooted v basically random hands but tried to be patient enough to only get my money in as a huge fav.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document