Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lost the plot

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in the blogger tourney so far.Four registered ( remember it's 4pm est ,9pm Uk time as the US put their clocks forward early this year and our clocks go fwd next Sun at 1am) and plenty room for more!

The post title sums up my night last night.Thankfully I made a good start by winning an $11 turbo sng at Full Tilt and later won a little cash there too. After that though I witnessed too many flopped monsters after I had folded ( my main tilt trigger) and lost a big hand at a Stars cash table when a bigstack chased his flush to the river and hit.I was annoyed at myself for paying him off ( for $15 more) because the river card completed the straight draw too and there wasn't much left my AA could beat.

At Party I lost a hand all in preflop ( cost me $25 as the villain had already donked off half his buy in) versus a total fish who pushed with Jh9h.I knew I was gambling by calling with my Ah10h ( can' t recall ever calling an all in at a cash table with A10) but to get my read right that I was ahead and to see him suckout a 9 on the river really hurt for some reason.

I was soon off to Pokerroom and lost a $50 buy-in when I played 88 to the river on a K high board because I was certain the villain didn't hadn't paired the King.He didn't need to as he had Aces...

So my Aces were cracked earlier,a villains held up and it was all ( as Step A would say) just so damn unfair! Normally I have the testicular fortitude to deal with the crap that the poker gods throw at me but sadly not last night.

I lost a further $20 at a Laddys full ring $200 nl table before making the sensible ev+ decision to go to bed.

I don't tilt like that too often thankfully and I'm feeling a lot better today in general so I don't envisage a repeat tonight.I certainly wont be taking my laptop to the Dam though as the break will probably do me good and leave me fresh to beat all you fishies in the blogger tourney on Sunday 25th!( gotta start the trash talk sometime eh!)

The man flu seems to be lifting ,Rangers beat the sheepshaggers ( Aberdeen) 3-0 with a Boyd treble and I'm about to order some pizza.

Make mine a might meaty....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 18 March, 2007, Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Added you mate,
gl
Paul

 
At Sunday, 18 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Paul,thanks for that.
Acornman

 
At Sunday, 18 March, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

I'm a bit confused about the start time for the blogger game now.
I'm advertising it at 9pm GMT (on the basis that I think our clocks change this weekend).

Who knows??? :o)

(btw I've added you to my blog as well - nice work)

 
At Sunday, 18 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

It's got me baffled too Cloud!I didn't realise our clocks went forward next week.So it IS a 9pm start for us but until next Sunday it will show as a 4pm EST sign-up time on 'Stars? I think!

After your last post I wasn't sure if you were moving to a new url and was waiting to see before linking you up.Happy to add you now mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document