Monday, March 19, 2007

Blogger Tourney + Breaktime

Big thanks to Tan for producing the excellent banner below for the blogger game.

We have eight registered and I'm sure there's a few more ( dD for a start) to come so it looks like we're going to fill at least one full table which is the dogs dangly bits.Keep up the pimpin'!

On the poker front I began with a FT freeroll which was basically a qualifer to another sat which started when I'm away to the Dam.On the first hand I was dealt Kd8d and everyone ( bar one) went all in and I decided to join 'em.I made a winning flush and knocked out seven players at once before moving to a new table with a $12k stack.I began playing Laddys late night crapshoot and tried to donk out of the freeroll ,only to win big hand which took me to $65k in chips.Only 1st qualified and I soon managed to donk out and focus on the crapshoot.( finished 80th).

I played six $15 ,18 player turbos at 'Stars after that and managed a 3rd and 2nd after going out of two others on sick beats and one when I ran 44 into QQ.Sometimes I wish there was no flop and we just flipped our cards up preflop and whoever had the best hand won there and then.

I made a good call with AQ soooted via a loose player who had played 47% of flops and was pleased to see him turn over j10 only for a 10 on the turn to send me to the rail.I think winning at least one race is required to stand a decent chance in these games of making the last few but they are so soft that one guy who was sat out for the whole game came 9th( from 18)!

Ok,last post before I head off tomorrow for a few days.After reading about the cost of wi-fi in Amsterdam hotels at Marks blog the laptop is staying at home.I did buy Medal of Honor heros for the Psp though so that'll be coming with me.

It's great being off work this week.I did forget to tell the tale of the stand in manager we had last week telling us how wonderful he is with customers.He was just adding that he had "no special skills or talents" when a voice from the back shouted "Aye,that's coming across well".Maybe you had to be there...

Check out Yorkshire Pud's latest post if your looking for laughs.He has a new blog too dedicated to his days behind bars which is also worth checking out.I worked behind the bar downstairs at the Barrowlands concert venue for nearly ten years.I saw some great bands on my break and have a few tales of my own I could tell.

One happy memory was of the rowdy punter at the bar who was being a nasty prick.We called over the bouncers and just as he was getting thrown out my workmate motioned to the prick to move closer and whispered in his ear that immortal Glasgow line "Go smell yer Maw" ( Maw meaning mother!).Well the prick went ballistic and as he was being carted out with his feet in the air ,head first he was shouting "Did you hear whit he said? He telt me tae smell ma maw".( meanwhile we were all pisssing ourselves laughing).

Ok,thanks to all for reading this here blog,don't forget to register for the blogger tourney and I'll be back at some point if I manage not to completely fry my brain over the next few days....









Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At Monday, 19 March, 2007, Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Thanks for the shoutout! I'm loving the banner too!

I'd love to go to the Dam but I'd either not come back or come back in a body bag! I'm bad enough here where you have to be hush hush about certain things, god only knows what would happen if you let me loose over there!

 
At Tuesday, 20 March, 2007, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

If you haven't booked anywhere yet I highly recommend the following aparments :

http://www.de-monnik.nl/

Free Wifi, huge apartment space, decent tv, stereo, coffee machine and lovely people running the place. We always stay there now whenever we make a short trip to heaven. (The cafe at the end of the street and kebab shop opposite it very useful too!)

Have an awesome time and see you at the tourney on Sunday.

 
At Tuesday, 20 March, 2007, Blogger Jestocost said...

Good luck with the blogger tournament. I'd try to play, but will be on vacation in SoCal.

 
At Tuesday, 20 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great banner!!! Things are looking promising acorn... great pimpage work mate!!


BM

 
At Tuesday, 20 March, 2007, Blogger Katitude said...

Nice banner! Can a colonial join as well? *grin Do you mind if I steal the banner and pimp it on my site for the 12 visitors I get?

 
At Tuesday, 20 March, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

nice banner but what does it mean " brits do it without breaking the law"? also its a bit BNP isnt it?

 
At Wednesday, 21 March, 2007, Blogger Kenn said...

nice work on the blog mate, been checking you out recently good luck with the blogger tourney would love to play but cant that day. Link me up if you want

 
At Wednesday, 21 March, 2007, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

Looks like there's more of a non-US poker community than we thought, good stuff lets spread it far and wide.

Juice - it was just a dumb ref to the US online gambling ban, it took 3 seconds to write. If you think the union jack is BNP then you have more fear than faith in this country ! Besides I think BNP scum are trying to steal the flag of St George as their symbol.

 
At Wednesday, 21 March, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Thanks tan that makes more sense now!

Nah didnt really think the banner was BNP just a passing comment!

:-)

 
At Friday, 23 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Acorn, loved you're story about being behind bars... but there is another story about being behind bars you forgot to mention... Ok so we had seperate cells for the night but that London jail was the highlight of our wee trip was it not? Cheap accomodation, free food and water and an extra night on our London tour! Who says you can't get a cheap night in London? Must admit though the quality of UK jails is far better than the ones in Miami (bit like poker laws really) - had to share a cell with 15 other drunks that time ;)

 
At Saturday, 24 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow !!

alcanthang has signed up !

fcuk me !!

this tourney is making waves :))

need to sign up now, wont I ?

cheers

dD

 
At Saturday, 24 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I've already bookmarked that place for next time Tan.Looks good.

Hope to catch you ( Jestocost) and Ken at the next blogger game.

Kat,you would be very welcome to play.The more the merrier!

Miami Mark:Aye happy days indeed!

Yeah, no excuses now dD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document