Monday, March 26, 2007

Thanks and Congrats Miami Mark ( Al Eleven)



I’ve got to start by saying a huge thankyou to everyone of the 22 people who registered for the Britbloggerment tourney last night.Even the s-man ( sookraboaby) sitting out for the whole game and still lasting longer than me didn’t dampen my spirits!

Congrats of course to my mate Miami Mark ( Al Eleven) who played a patient aggressive game and eventually beat Cadmunkey ( who is back blogging again) heads-up to take the first BB title.Miami Mark is a busy man but I’m hoping he’ll get the chance to do a wee write up on the game and also that he can make it back next Sunday to do it all again ( losing HU to me this time though!) at 9pm BST on ‘Stars.

It was an absolute joy to finally see the tourney come together and 22 people battling it out at three tables and I’m thoroughly looking forward to next weeks game.Register now!!
My own tourney game was a little strange as I very rarely play MTT’s and all my sng experience is playing turbos.It was strange because early on I was dealt some decent hands and was caught a little between playing ‘em hard and fast and realising that there was no need to commit all my chips too early on.

I did make one decent laydown when I folded 1010 on a low ragged board when Juice held KK but my play felt a bit rusty after a few days away from the virtual felt.I eventually crashed out in 15th when my AK was busted by AQ.( nae feckin' tilt there BM!)
Juice persuaded me to play another standard speed sng but then never registered on time, leaving me to go on and win it whilst also watching the HU battle at the BB tourney.

The win was actually quite satisfying because it came against a fishy table captain type who typed “weak” in the chat box whenever he lost a hand.I’m usually ( stop by next weeks Britbloggerment tourney to find out!) a gracious winner but this time when he called my all in with K8 V my A10 and lost ,I had the pleasure of typing “weak” back to him.Ahh the pettiness of poker sometimes!

I managed to win $20 at a Laddys cash table after that and I also forgot to mention I won $60 at Laddys cash tables the night before I went my holidays.I was also up $50 at Party and was ready to post an "Out on a high" post about how I'd won more in one night than the previous two weeks until I lost that $50 Party profit in one nasty horrible hand.Poker seems to have a way of never letting me get too far ahead of myself.
Ok,that's all for today.Check out the links on the right for some excellent Britbloggerment tourney reports. Oh and before I go here's a quick pimpage of Katitudes private tourney this Friday at Full Tilt.It's a 2am start but it is the weekend so I'm hoping to make it.Good luck with it Kat!
Tournament #15387473, Katitude's Poker Night
Password: martini
Date: Friday, March 30
Where: Full Tilt Poker
Time: 9:00 EST ( 2AM BST)
Buyin: $10+ $1
Game: NLHE

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, 27 March, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

Great work Acorn - see ya next week!

 
At Tuesday, 27 March, 2007, Blogger TripJax said...

My apologies for not pimping or playing, but I was out of town all week which kept me from posting much and I don't have any cash online there right now...

I'll hit up the next one fo sho.

 
At Tuesday, 27 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

See you there Cloud!

No probs Trip.I was away myself or I would have emailed you mate.Pimpage would be the business and if you can pass word on to Gcox and Jordan that would also be great! Cheers,Acorn

 
At Thursday, 29 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Acorn,

Great work setting up the Brit Bloggers (and readers - yes there was 2 of us ;) ) Tourney! It's ashame that the biggest fish won (hehehe) but after shaking off the fear I had built up of playing peeps that constantly anaylse (analyze - well I do live in Miami) their own game and moves, I got lucky on some hands (never sucked out tho) and I'm pretty proud of my victory! Cloud thanks for the odds, nuthing motivated me more than hearing that you thought I was 12/1, it helped me step up my game when others were too tight or too worried to play their game!! (S-man: fishin for your big mouth bass was fun, where you, yah pussy?). Unfortunately I'm in NY right now (4am and fucked - good night out, and up in 2 hours for flight home, if I get to bed!!) and will be on a flight to San Fran (could be San-Jose Mark depending on how the job interview goes on Monday). Hopefully be able to join the tourney on Friday evening (divorce papers might be in the post) but will definatley be there to WIN the third Brit Bloggers tourney the following week (any chance we can raise the stakes, you folks aren't that good, hehehehe). Ok enough for my moment of glory as I suspect a moment is all I will get, good luck on Sunday and hopefully see you all on Firday,

Cheers
Miami Mark (aka Al Eleven)

 
At Thursday, 29 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

You played well in the tourney MM and deserved to win.Hopefully see you at the tables on Friday night mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document