Friday, March 30, 2007

Poker is pissing me off!

This was going to be a longer post but I read Rosies latest offering and my feelings on the game right now ( I'm a fickle bassa and a big winning night may change things-hint hint poker gods) are almost identical.

I've written before about wondering why I don't seem to start playing until late on, yet once I'm in my groove I feel like I could play forever, and I've never been able to put my finger on the reason for this.I now realise that much of the time I'm not getting a lot of pleasure and fun from my poker.Getting my money in with the best of it ( most of the time ) and getting beaten is all part of the game but in recent days I've noticed I'm getting far more emotional and hacked off than I used to get about it when I get sucked out on.A cold dead heart is required for cash games and the only emotion needed is empathy and even that's just to allow me into my opponents head and allow me to take more money from him.


Of course great players from pros like Matasow to quality blogger players like the Rottie,Hoyazo and Waffles all like to rant occasionally and it doesn't seem to do their game any harm.Perhaps I should try letting off steam in the chatbox but to be honest I hate the thought that anyone at the table thinks I can't take the beats without whining.Someone crashed out the Late night Crapshoot on an awful one outer last night and when the chatbox remained silent I was thinking "well done on coping without an outburst". Almost a full thirty seconds passed before he typed "just a joke".Ahh well!


Perhaps I just need to show more character and backbone when it comes to my poker game.Making money is never usually easy and there's no reason why poker should be the exception to the rule.


This post was not triggered by any brutal beats.Last night I was chip leader at a $15 ,18 player turbo when I reraised the other big stack all in with 99 after he made a decent sized preflop raise.He folded and when he made the same move a few hands later I had 1010 and decided to repeat the trick.He was a decent player and I put him on any pair,AK,AQ,AJ and hoped if he did call that my hand would stand up against most of his range.His AA won and my all in on the next hand with A9 when folded to me in the small blind was called by the other shortstacks 107 and of course he hit his 7.Hero to zero.


Tiredness is probably also a factor in how I'm feeling about my game just now.I crashed out of the Late night crapshoot having thought I'd limped when I'd actually called a large raise.Mrs A had just arrived home and I was chatting to her but my 67soooted was busted by the villans AA as I talked and struggled to stay awake.


Ok,I've managed to witter on far longer than intended.( for a change!)


Don't forget to register for the Britbloggerment 2 game at Stars ( under tourney/private tab) this Sunday at 9pm BST.Password:donakment and if you're free late on tonight....



Until next time make mine an awfuckit call.....







Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, 30 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

play less....enjoy more....

free advice from your guru with 'the wheelbarrow' ;-)

if it's any consolation, i've won more party tourney's than i care to mention (also losing more than i care to mention, hehe)...

i'm growing fins and changing my name to mark...hehe

 
At Saturday, 31 March, 2007, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Acorn, maybe you should try letting off some more steam on the blog here. I love my rant posts like nothing else, I have to say. And I do think it may have something to do with keeping my cool ok at the tables.

And I'm not a big time chat ranter anymore after having my chat blocked repeatedly in the first several months I played online. But I will still give a sarcastic "well played" from time to time if someone makes an idiotic play and sucks out on me.

 
At Saturday, 31 March, 2007, Blogger katitude said...

LOL...and nothing drives up hit rates like rant posts.

TY for staying up for the Martini game! See you Sunday!

 
At Saturday, 31 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I really enjoyed last nights game Kat.The chatbox was hilarious.See you Sunday.

I may try ranting more then Hoy!The problem is I tend not to get angry at my opponents but at my luck and the poker gods when the odds don't play out and that probably makes for a boring read.Still better out than in....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document