Monday, April 09, 2007

Al Eleven/Miami Trout Does it again!

Congrats to my mate Al Eleven ( Miami Mark) ,the Miami Trout,for taking down his 2nd Britbloggerment title with a fine display of skill,aggression and incredible luckboxery.Here's some live footage from the game itself of the actual moment The Trout hit his flush on the river v my 88 and took me out ( where's the tiny font button?) in 13th.( nice to have made the top 15 though!)





I did place a bounty on his head but I'm such a tight git I had calmed down by the time Mark won and was actually happy to keep my $5!

Despite his troutery a fine time was had by all and a big thanks to all who made it to the game,especially as it was Easter Sunday.Next weeks game is at 9pm BST,Password is donkament and hopefully some of the usual suspects ( dD,The Rottie and co ) will return!

As usual head over to Burnley Milk and The Cloud to read a couple of the best write ups, although I do wish Mr Cloud had been a lot less gracious in his.QQ v j3!! Tear him a new one ;-)

I played five 18 player $6 turbo's afterwards with the s-man ( sookraboaby),Miami Trout and the Milkman and managed a 4th,3rd and one win ,before crashing out of two $15 games,saying cheerio to the lads, and hitting the cash tables.

Thankfully the fish slapping was over and I managed to get hands to hold up and left with a tidy profit.I began at a $100 nl 6 max table with this hand against the loose aggressive ( not quite a full blown maniac but not far off)player.I think actively seeking out loose tables with large pots over the last couple of years has led me to overplay top pair/top kicker on occasion but I only really feared the villain was holding a 6 and after the third six fell on the turn I reckoned I was home and dry.

With my confidence up and with a good idea of his game plan here was my next wee battle with him.I had expected him to lead on the flop which is why I checked on the flop.

After a few more hands like that the table broke and I searched my poker sites for a juicy table.I may not chase bonuses and I probably have lost out on a fortune by being lazy that way but it does mean at 4.30am at the weekend I can pick the juicy table to play at and not bother which site it's at.

A Party $50nl table took my fancy and I was fortunate enough to run into another big fishy there ( deseptor was the name I think).Just as I arrived the fish had won a pot and had typed "you don't hate me do you?" to the loser in the hand who left the table.I think those were my parting words in the chatbox after I nearly doubled my buy-in with 99 after being all in preflop.( that's how fishy he was!)Edit:I forgot I asked Party to email me the hand.The villain had kh10h.

No,on reflection,my last words were a request that he add me to his buddy list....

Ok,that's all for now.Rangers won with a Nacho Novo goal,I had a nice run at the cash tables ,I survived another driving lesson with Mrs A and we're about to go get our sausage supper.All that and with my terrible short term memory I've even managed to forget how that wee blogger game finished last night.....

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Monday, 09 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The live action video was fantastic. Litterally laughing my ass off and wur Vics was wondering what the hell was going on in the l;iving room - she thought is was funny too.. Shame you didn't write up much about the blogger game but then you were too busy setting up next weeks and putting a bounty on my head - do you recal laying $0.50 on me to win with cloud when he said 12/1 on me to win? Thats your touney fee back mate!!

 
At Monday, 09 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Glad you and wur Vics enjoyed it mate!I'll post your write up tomorrow.Now where's The Cloud gone...

 
At Tuesday, 10 April, 2007, Blogger Dave said...

is the blogger tournament open to any mugs, such as myself?

 
At Tuesday, 10 April, 2007, Blogger Amatay said...

Nice blog m8, i've linked you up to my blog ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 10 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Tournaments open to everyone Dave.No need for shades!

Thanks Amatay.I'll link you back as soon as I can tear my eyes away from your avatar!

 
At Thursday, 19 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh that avatar is tasty!

Great video as well in this post. Keep up the good writing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document