Friday, April 13, 2007

Fri Update

Well my mortgage co called today to see about getting their £5k back.Interesting call!I decided to be reasonable and only ask for a £75 arrangement fee.I think the girl nearly fell off her seat.She asked me to put it in writing to her complaints department which is a standard fob off.( complaints are my job!)

I've faxed them a few lines with my invoice and a warning that £75 is my fee based on a speedy resolution and will be revised rapidly upwards should I need to spend much more of my time on the issue.Watch this space.....


I played a couple of $15 turbo's last night and after getting rivered in the first one I came 2nd to some lucky trout from the Miami area in the other one.

Actually Mark wasn't lucky when we were headsup as I sold the jerseys by over commiting with a crappy flopped bottom pair, but boy was he lucky to get past the bubble at all,mainly thanks to the sheer stupidity of a total donk.

Mark was automatically all in with his shortstack on the bubble with Jack high.Two others were in the hand and it was checked down to the turn.A harmless river card fell and Mr Total Donkey bet out,forced the other player to fold and proudly showed his ten high hand.I've seen many daft moves at the table ( I've made plenty myself) but that takes the biscuit!

I played a little Laddys full ring $50 nl later dropping $5 when I gambled with JJ against a shortstack with QQ.Not much else to report and hit the sack happy to be in profit.

Righty I've finally found something green in life I actually like.( celt*c play in green)I'm not long back from the Chinese supermarket where I bought more genuine green tea.I hate fruit,don't eat much veg so it makes a change for me to actually like something that's good for me.

Gee that was interesting...

Right until next time make mine an awfuckit call....

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, 13 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superb effort with the mortgage company!! I really hope you pull it off. It's about time they got a taste of their own medicine!

So Miami trout has been at-it again I see...rotfl

Anyway Sunday is on its way!

ATB

BM

 
At Friday, 13 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers mate.I also made her aware that I knew they could take me to court and get their money but that it would cost them a lot more than £75! We shall see.

Yeah, roll on Sunday!

 
At Friday, 13 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to point this out but I'm beginning to see a pattern... Pre flop I had J high when I knocked you out last night, I had J high when I doubled up thanks to Mr Donk in the same game, had J high pre flop when I took down the Brit Bloggers tourny and I had J high pre flop when I took cadmunkey out of the Brit Bloggers tourney.... So here it is my new poker strategy is play any hand with a J and lower kicker - bound to hit board at some point ;) Bring on Sunday and my title defence...

 
At Saturday, 14 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

shameless acorn man!

but good luck!

 
At Saturday, 14 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Juice.The bottom line, as I politely reminded the mort co, is that they would get their money by taking me to court if they refuse my £75 fee but it would cost them a lot more than £75!

So in a way I'm trying to save them money!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document