Monday, April 16, 2007

When Rottweilers Attack....

Big thanks to all who turned out for Britbloggerment 4 last night on 'Stars.Congrats to Sir Fortune for holding off Pokermunky and taking it down.Special mention to Stephenrhall too for finally putting a sock in Al Elevens rather large and boastful gob by scudding Als Aces with his Kings.

As ever, see the links on the right for proper blow by blow accounts.I'm far too lazy to take notes, despite cleverly putting myself in a great position to do so, by hitting the rail fairly early on after being thoroughly rottied by my blogger friend,Rosie.

My 77 was no good postflop after Rosies AQ connected and in the very next hand she limped with 78 in the small blind and slow played her flopped straight until the river ,giving me just enough rope to hang myself after rivering top pair.Well played Rosie and if you hadn't kept running into Sir Fortunes "pairs" ( AA and KK from memory) then I'm sure you would have made the money.

I played a couple more $15 turbo's afterwards,didn't cash and finished by winning a whopping $3 over 1/2hr at a Laddys 6 max $50 nl table.

I liked this from todays paper...reminded me of a conversation at the table last night!

A READER saw a couple of male student-types queuing at a west end supermarket with a basket-load of cleaning products. When they got to the checkout, the woman ringing up their purchases cheerily asked the inevitable question: "Cleaning the flat, then?"

One of them must have been waiting for that as he replied: "No. It's the girlfriend's birthday."

Well it gave me a chuckle!


Righty thanks for reading and remember to start working now on your milk puns for next weeks game.Apparently Burnley Milk was optimistic he'd heard the end of those jokes, but then he's a glass half full kind of guy......

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 17 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Letter fae Prague....

Sunny as fuck - an just as warm too...

That Accord looks the business (drool). Obs, if you get it - i need to get a shot....

Lucky for yous i wasn't available for the tourney....

 
At Tuesday, 17 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

those milk jokes were classic. The best part of the tournie!

 
At Tuesday, 17 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah we missed your Boomerang chips S-man!! lol. Have a good one out there mate.

Come on fellas, you know you are bored of the milk jokes.......... ;o) they are starting to Curdle!


ATB

BM

 
At Tuesday, 17 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Glad Prague treating you well s-man.You were missed at the tourney.I couldn't steal yer blinds...

Enjoyed the milk jokes too.They helped shake things up....

 
At Wednesday, 18 April, 2007, Blogger Swifty said...

Just caught the end of the milk jokes. Mik did seem to be a little cheesed off about it ;). He looked like he might blow his (gold) top any moment.

Perhaps he needs to chill out and chew the cud for a while...

I just thought I'd run this past-your-eyes (think about it)

I'm outta here :)))

 
At Wednesday, 18 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Your outta here Cell? Allow me to pint you in the right direction..( think I'll get ma coat too!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document