Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gers destroy cel*ic 5-0 to win Youth Cup

Just back from Hampden where a crowd of 11486 watched Rangers under 19's rip c*eltic to shreds in the Youth Cup final.Andrew Shinnie scored the first within 5 minutes before Stevie Lennon ( his proud Mum and Dad were sitting right next to us)scored the first of his three with a beautiful 35 yard lob.Dean Furman scored our other goal we should have had more.Great night for the wee Gers and probably the most enjoyable 90 mins of football I've seen this season.( our 1-0 win in the last Old
Firm game comes close!).











After getting back from Mother Acorns last night I found Miami Mark online ( soon to be San Jose Mark,congrats on the new job) and we played a $15 ,18 player turbo at Stars.I came 4th after running AJ ( all in preflop) into AA and MM was out in the next hand after running his A8 sooted into the same villains A10 soooted.

My mum was at the table watching again!If she looks for me on a Sunday evening around 9pm my days of keeping my blog to myself could be over.Hmmmm.Where's that "delete blog" button?!!

MM headed off and my Mum did too so I hit up Party 6 max $50 nl table and lost a buy-in when my Kings were scudded by 76 sooted.It wasn't an awfckit call at least but I did get my read completely wrong, which probably wasn't surprising, as Mrs A had arrived home and I was chatting to her and folding almost every hand until the cowboys came up.

I'd raised preflop with my KK and pushed all in for $37 ( doh) after the flush draw came in on the turn.I hadn't ruled out the villain having the flush entirely, but I had the King of clubs and reckoned that even if he had made it ( and for some reason I reckoned he hadn't) then I still had outs.

It was a daft move and I spent the next five mins carrying on my conversation with Mrs A and trying to smile like a kid with an icecream whilst my stomach churned inside at the money I'd just thrown away!

I'd been thinking earlier about picking a table with an low-ish average pot and trying out a more Loose Aggressive game and that thought may have influenced my all in.Still onwards and upwards...


Ok,here's a another wee funny from the paper before I go...

IT is pilots' week in Los Angeles, when television executives visit all the main studios to pitch their ideas for pilot programmes that may eventually become successful, money-spinning television series.

Our LA contact tells us that one British producer arrived off his flight, and perhaps not having his wits about him after the near 12-hour journey, told US immigration, when asked the purpose of his visit, that he was there "to shoot a pilot".

It was after a further six hours questioning that he was finally allowed to leave LAX.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

has mother acorn moved to stars?

 
At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Blogger Kenn said...

man i know exactly what you mean trying to keep a smiley face when you just done a buyin and dont want to tell the missus to back off cause your trying to play!!!

nice read ive linked you to mine hope you dont mind and would apprecaite the same

cheers

kenn

http://kennplayingpoker.blogspot.com/

 
At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pity the first team aren't as good ;-)

 
At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No comment Juice,you cyber stalking poker beast!

Thanks for the kind words Kenn.Always happy to swap links with genuine bloggers.Consider it done.

Thanks for the useful comment S-man.Just for that I'm gonna rob your blinds even more than usual!!

 
At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, worth every cent...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document