Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Britbloggerment 7 + Fee War Victory!



I posted the other day about my mortgage company refusing to pay the £75 arrangement fee I decided was due in order that I return the £5000 they overpaid into my account when I recently remortgaged.I received the letter since then backing up their position of "respectfully declining" ( I like that phrase btw!)my request and asking for their money to be returned to them.

I called yesterday and said I'd like the matter escalated to a manager and if no agreement could be reached with him/her, then I wished to receive a deadlock letter, which I could then take to the ombudsman for the industry for an independent review of my case.I'd also be requiring the full reasoning behind their decision aswell as an explanation for the error and the details of the process changes they were planning to ensure it didn't happen again.

A while later I received an email containing the following words:

"Thank you for your fax received 01/05/07 regarding your request for £75 as a good will gesture to return the £5000.00 sent to you in error.

I am happy to agree to your request of £75 on condition that the funds have been returned to us in full within 7days."

Reeeeesult! When I consider that I've already been paid £12 interest as the funds have been in my account for nearly a month too then it's not a bad outcome at all.


On the poker front last night after watching the football I managed a 2nd place and a donk out from two $15 turbos to boost my 'Stars roll slightly.

More football on the box tonight ( Man Utd 2-0 down after 34 mins)before I hit the tables...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, 02 May, 2007, Blogger Amatay said...

Im taking this weeks britbloggment doooon!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, 02 May, 2007, Blogger Rosie said...

Fee War Victory - a beautiful thing

Excellent banner too!

 
At Wednesday, 02 May, 2007, Blogger Div said...

Bwwahha that's quality!

Now, for your next trick, can you free Katie from Tom's evil grasp?

 
At Thursday, 03 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done mate! I admire your persaverance and determination whilst dealing with these guy!
SHIIIIIIPPPPP IIITTTT!!!

Great result.

BTW amatay, you will have to beat me first!!!!


lol

BM

 
At Thursday, 03 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yeah, bring it amatay!

Thx rosie and the Milkman.Nice victory for the little ( acorn) man!

Cheers Div,I wouldn't mind trying....

 
At Thursday, 03 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well cool on the 'admin' fee....

"is it a bird?, is it a plane?....no its Acorns wallet moth"

 
At Friday, 04 May, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

unbelievable. U complete chancer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document