Thursday, May 24, 2007

Playing to get in the money

I'm in love again.Thanks to Cadmunkey for the link to the Audi website and the new r8 car they've produced.What an absolute stunner of a car.The good news is that it may be £76000, but I can afford it with my poker profits!

At my current profit level in only 34 years that beautiful car will be all mine! Oh yes!

In fact I won a $6 ,18 player turbo last night and if I could just keep winning them, I'd only need another 3534 victories before I claim my new vehicle!

Back to the poker and I also won a quick $20 at a full ring $50nl table with QK on a King high board.The flop brought a flush draw and two players called my pot sized bet.Even although the flush didn't arrive on the turn, I still checked which was possibly a little weak however I was trying to keep the pot size down and not go broke with Top pair,decent kicker.I reckoned one villain was flushing and the other could have a better hand than me and be trapping.

My river bet was a fairly lowly $5 and I was surprised to see both players muck and the chips come my way.Who says tpgk ( top pair,good kicker) 'aint golden?!

I think I mentioned that Mark from Planet Gong is now doing a weekly link to some of the best poker forum posts and articles.A very welcome addition to his blog and I'd recommend following his selected links.One in particular which I found interesting was one which strongly advocated playing to make the money first in a sng around bubble time rather than go for first place.

An example was made of a hand where someone held QQ and bubbled after getting the money in v the big stacks A8 and losing to a flopped Ace.Mr QQ felt hard done by but replies suggested he should have reconsidered playing his QQ in this situation, pointing out that even making a 20% profit for 3rd place is far better than losing 100% of your investment if you go out on the bubble.

3rd or 4th ( in the 18 player turbo's 1st-4th pays) always feels like an opportunity missed in those 18 player games when in reality it's all adding to the roi.( return on investment)

Righty that's almost enough for today.Mrs A is working tonight and Step A is having friends over for a sleepover so Im expecting a noisy night.Tomorrow night Mrs A and I are going out to her nephews engagement party for a couple of hours.I consider myself a fairly outgoing guy but sometimes these type of events involving all that inane small talk with strangers really makes my toes curl!( which isn't good when dem toes are still suffering from my recent poker injury!)

Oh and for anyone who remembers my post about me seeking an arrangement fee from my mortgage co to return the £5k they overpaid to my account,they have now credited the £75 directlty into my bank account as promised.Acornman 1 Big Bank 0.....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice work against the bank mate!

I understand the concept of it's better to have 20% ROI than nothing, but if he wins there with QQ he has a much better chance of getting a much higher ROI becuase he is better stacked. I suppose you have to weigh it all up, but i don't think I am folding QQ there.

ATB

BM

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers BM.

My first instinct was also that I wouldn't be folding my QQ and would be pissed at mr A8.The link certainly got me thinking though.

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger GWC said...

Get yer sen on the waiting list for the R8 mate, by the time you can afford it one will be available for you :-)

 
At Friday, 25 May, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

I have to say that R8 looks FINE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document