Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hols Nearly Over...

It's a bank holiday tomorrow and then I'm back to work on Tuesday after two weeks away from the fun factory.During my first week off I took Nacho up to visit the Big Chap in Ledhills which is one of the highest villages in Britain and has the oldest public library in the world.Nacho( half staff/half whippet) more than gave Baxter ( the Big Chaps greyhound) a run for his money and even managed to leave the Big Chap bruised and battered after an accidental collision!My car passed it's MOT,I've been to visit my wee nephew a few times and I spent the rest of my time off playing poker,Black Ops,watching movies and more of The Shield.

On the poker front everything was going well until Friday evening when my doomswitch must have been activated on Party.I read Burnley Mik posting about not winning flips on Raise the River and remember thinking I would love it if it was only flips I was losing! Running into monsters,Running into hands just better than mine,losing when miles ahead,shorties always hitting 2 outers to double up on the bubble.It just went on and on and on.( over nearly 150 games so far).Even after playing thousands and thousand of sng's it's hard to stay sane in the face of such a barrage of constant bad luck, even if I kept telling myself it's only over a tiny sample size and really very standard.

My brain says that logically each new hand is unconnected to the last etc etc and then my first premium hand of the evening gets cracked and the streak continues.I was even tempted to buy Holdem Manager ( I use Pokertracker) just to find out how far "below EV" I'm running!

Anyway the bottom line is that it's cost me around 25 buy-ins ( sounds better then $550!).I'm sorely tempted to just cashout the remaining $260 on Party or gamble and play a few $55's.I still have $2k on Stars and with the better sng structure,superior software and higher traffic levels I reckon making Stars my only site is probably a good idea.

Burnley Mik also posted a thread about a Pokernews tourney on tonight and I've registered already and will probably donate some more $$ on a last longer bet too.

Not much else going on.I reckon Rosie and Lightning were right about the latest girl I went out for dinner with and after sending her a text to say I hope she has a nice holiday ( she's in the States just now) and not getting a reply I won't be in touch with her again.On the upside it saves me buying her a 40th birthday present although I am stuck with a copy of Kung Fu Panda 2 on dvd that I'll never watch!

I'll maybe get back into the dating thing over the next few weeks and as a wee ego boost I'm thinking of trying to persuade my family to go on the Jeremy Kyle show.I caught a bit of it the other night and was amazed to see that the audience will give you a huge round of applause simply for passing a lie detector test which proves you didn't steal an expensive bracelet from your own Mother."Bravo,well done for not robbing from your own family,you fine upstanding member of the community".....

Ok,thanks for reading and try and run better than me if you're playing poker....

6 Comments:

At Sunday, 17 July, 2011, Blogger Wildcat said...

Umm, I'm afraid I'm actually running worse :P

Have you tried the pca fpp sats on stars?

 
At Monday, 18 July, 2011, Blogger BurnleyMik said...

Brilliant deep run in that pokernews event mate! Shame the prizepool is so diluted and all that effort for such little reward.

lol @ my winning flips post.. I still tilt so damned easily. I was just playing lots of sats to live events and seemed to bust almost every one on a flip.

Hope your run turns around and wp again for last night.

ATB

BM

 
At Monday, 18 July, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

how far are you in the shield acorn?

 
At Tuesday, 19 July, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Wildcat:It was so bad I was half expecting Party staff to reveal in the chatbox that they were just testing how much mental torture one player could take!I'll check out the fpp sats you mentioned too.Thanks.

Cheers BM.Still half asleep today after the 7am finish!Hope you start winning flips again soon too mate!

Juice: I'm on season 4 now and was hooked from the moment Vic Mackey blew his fellow cop away in the first episode!

 
At Tuesday, 19 July, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

ive just bought season 4! claudette is really annoying!

 
At Tuesday, 19 July, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yeah but Dutch "Hungry like the Wolf" is great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document