Sunday, June 26, 2005

Healthy bankroll

Bankroll proudly sits at $712 which after blowing nearly $400 when on tilt 2 weeks ago has got to be good.Getting some luck too.Had 44 last night.Flop came 5 4 5 rainbow and I called the $44 all in from the poor player with A5.

I mentioned before that I have a strange problem in starting a game and being in the right frame of mind.I this is why I started playing about 8 pm last night and finished at 4am! A quick look at Pokertracker and I think its obvious why.Most of my big losing sessions seem to last about 10 minutes! I sit down,play a few hands then get a semi decent one and decide that its going to pay me off.At least now I know I can be extra careful and start very tightly till I have an idea how the table plays and not be too keen to throw my money in the pot.

I'm still not sure what limit I should be playing at.I've only played 4500 hands at $1nl and I'm winning ( $476 so far) but my bankroll probably isn't big enough for the down swings which are gonna come my way.In many ways though and not just because I'm winning I find it easier than
.25 and .50nl. I've had to adapt big time.My ave flop seen % is probably nearer 30% at $1nl whereas I'm much looser at the lower level.( but still not as loose as the players per flop %).

PT has me as a LAP player over 25k hands,9k of which were shorthanded.I do feel I'm playing more as a TAG when I'm at $1 but the truth is that even after 25 k hands I 'm still learning what style suits me best.Its strange I'm loose because I don't see myself as much of a gambler.A bet on the football every now and then but haven't played slots since I was a kid and learned that rocking the 10p falls machine causes an alarm to sound,releasing a haggard old crow from her counting booth to give chase...

Part of the increase in bankroll came from Pokerrooms new player points promo.( $30 so far).Just a pity its going to end on 22/8 but its certainly the best bonus they've run during my short ( a year) time there.

Watched Floyd Maywether dance rings round Arturi Gatti as well last night.I don't follow every fight but I do like boxing and he put on a masterclass.Watched Ricky Hatton beat Kosta Tszu( sp) and I while I'd love to think his body punches could get to "Pretty boy" I don't think he could live with the Americans sheer hand speed which was amazing to watch.Best fight I've ever seen was Benn V Mclelland and sadly it was the one where Mclleland ended up in a wheelchair afterwards.Probably for that reason I've never seen it repeated but respect to both boxers because it was just an all out war of a fight.

Visited my sister today and recovery is still going well.The big day is tomorrow when we find out if theres any cancer in her lymph nodes.If so then radio/chemo would be needed but I'm hoping that wont be the case because although she is recovering well she's been through a helluva an op and I just want this nightmare to be over for her and the family.

Mrs A still away till Wed so another microwave dinner tonight.Another meal which looks great in the picture on the box but resembles nothing like it when cooked.I 'd like to pay the factory a vist Michael Douglas style.I loved "Falling Down".Great film.

Ok time to get the dinner on ( ping!) and then hit the tables....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document