Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Broken promises

Enjoyed watching Phil Taylor destroy Manley 7-0 in the World Darts final to give him a 13th World title.Stephen Hendry was a snooker sensation but never managed 13 world championships. ( 7 and counting) I doubt any individual has dominated any sport to the extent he has.

After my tourney fun last night I sensibly went to bed and woke up refreshed at 6am for my early morning run.

Errr ok so I moved to the cash tables and played till 5am!

The swings were crazy as usual at the 6 max tables.Stuck to .25-50 nl as per my previous posts but despite my patience I ran into some nasty rivers and found myself stuck $150 after being up $50.

Broke my promise to self I wrote yesterday and moved up but I didn't have to go far to find an even more bonkers table than the one I was at.I moved from a $24 average pot at .25-.50nl to a table at $1-$2 nl with an average pot of $148 and one player with over $1k at the table and a very loose aggressive style.


It never fails to amaze me how many of these types of players emerge in the early hours.I'm sure alcohol is a factor.Must feel great for the ego to continually raise other players out of their comfort zone although I slowed him down by pushing all in over the top of one of his $22 preflop raises with AK.

I did lose $133 to him and after reloading I did wonder if it just wasn't destined to be my night.I lost one big hand with trips to a rivered straight but then won the pot below in an almost identical situation.I've posted the hand below and yes under normal circumstances of course you should raise preflop with QQ but I had a very tight image and would probably only have taken the blinds with my first raise at the table besides this was about not giving away any information to the villan in order to maximise later in the hand.K10 scared the hell out of me as I'd called a similar bet at another table after a rivered 10 and my trips had lost to the only hand that could have beaten me when the villan made his straight with AJ but while a bit of fear in cash games can help keep me tight seeing monsters under the bed on every street and being scared cannot be the way to play either.




** Game ID 394417900 starting - 2006-01-03 04:57:46
** White Hall [Hold 'em] (1.002.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- pariskill sitting in seat 1 with $134.10
- Acornman sitting in seat 3 with $187.65
- Badger1 sitting in seat 4 with $127.15
- geordieneil sitting in seat 5 with $49.76 [Dealer]
- boby69 sitting in seat 6 with $1460.00

boby69 posted the small blind - $1.00
pariskill posted the big blind - $2.00

** Dealing card to Acornman: Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Clubs
Acornman called - $2.00
Badger1 folded
geordieneil called - $2.00
boby69 called - $2.00
pariskill checked

** Dealing the flop: Jack of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts, 9 of Hearts
boby69 checked
pariskill checked
Acornman bet - $4.00
geordieneil called - $4.00
boby69 raised - $8.00
pariskill folded
Acornman called - $8.00
geordieneil called - $8.00

** Dealing the turn: 3 of Diamonds
boby69 checked
Acornman bet - $20.00
geordieneil folded
boby69 raised - $40.00
Acornman called - $40.00

** Dealing the river: 4 of Clubs
boby69 went all-in - $1411.00
Acornman went all-in - $137.65
boby69 shows: Jack of Clubs, 9 of Diamonds
Acornman shows: Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Clubs
Acornman wins $385.30 from the main pot

Looks great but in reality I switched off for bed happy being $80 up at the cash tables and with the $70 from my tourney win added to my roll.

I felt I should have won more for my efforts but after the last month I'm just grateful to have finished ahead.

No moving up beyond .25-.50 and no setting goals I wrote yesterday.Broke the first part and will now break the second by aiming to have $1k in my Ladbrokes account by the end of the month.It's up to $870 and another $130 within 27 days should be achievable if the poker gods are willing.

Nacho is currently outside after having chewed Grandson Josh's toothbrush and also its replacement.Mrs is not happy with him and had threatened to withdraw all bones and chewy toys until he learns to behave.This week Nacho will be mostly out the back door...

The above was for Juice.Happy to cater to any reader requests.If anyone wants more Nacho posts or an update on my bonnet catch situation you only have to ask and like the river the Acorn will deliver.

After reading back the bit about not raising with QQ at a maniac table I wondered if it may be worth a small write up on strategy for playing at maniacal loose tables with very high pot averages.Sit tight and go nuts with the nuts probably covers it but there's not doubt you can throw away your poker books v these guys.It's a whole new card game! Not sure if I cover most of my tactics in other posts anyway and I'd just be going over old ground.

I did discover that Juice wasn't winding me up and that Laddies do offer $15 if you fill out your player profile and $25 if you include a photo.Now while I'm happy to go into all my poker stuff and lay my strategies and results out here as openly and honestly as possible I'm not sure I want to give any info to the villans.I certainly don't link to this blog on my Pokerroom profile page.I don't even include my birthdate or when I joined as I feel the less the villans know about me the better but $25 for nothing is tempting and who says it has to be accurate?!

Righty Arsenal v Man Utd has started on Sky Sports so I'm off to watch it before possibly hitting up a table or two later.

Watch out for hidden sets...

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, 03 January, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Requests?

Can you please explain the new offside rule please.

:-)

 
At Tuesday, 03 January, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No.Next?

;-)


What a boring game btw.Give a blood n thunder Rangers V c*ltic game anytime!

 
At Tuesday, 03 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, du'uh Acorn

Haveyou considered not writing anything approaching the truth in this profile? Simply say that you are an 18 year old girl from Cardiff and have been playing cards for 2 months. Chuck in a picture of nacho while you're at it and you'll have a bewildered audience

 
At Tuesday, 03 January, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

The way I've been playing n writing recently it would be hard to tell the difference Rosie :-)

Off to play my latest McFly cd sooo loudly....

 
At Wednesday, 04 January, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Yes it was boring but you see both teams arent champion class this season. Also neither were in particularly great form leading up to the game. Add to that the trend for big match games to be duds and it should really suprise. Look at how often the FA Cup final is like watching paint dry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document