Thursday, April 06, 2006

Short n Sweet

Not played ver much poker at all over the last couple of nights hence the lack of anything decent ( ok semi decent) to post.

Mark was over last night for our weekly PS2 fest and his team did indeed beat Hearts last night to leave us 3 points behind and clinch our league title on loan for a season.I watched a bit of their game and it was very very weird to be wanting our rivals to win.Never to be repeated until they play Hearts again before the league ends.

To the poker and I lost $8 at Party for 15 mins play when I was on an amazing rush but just didn't realise it! It was a full ring table for a change but some of the play ( even in just 15 mins) was astoundingly bad.My missed rush started when I folded to a $10 all in only to see one fish with 77 and the other with QJ.My 86 sooooted would have made a pair of eights and won.Almost everything else I folded in my short time playing would have ended up as a nut hand and of course the 2 hands I did play ended up landing me in the Brad Pitt.

Easy to sit and tell myself that there are long term reasons not to play some of the junk hands I folded but it does have to be said that some of the biggest pots I've won are with quirky wee hands I've been allowed to see a cheap flop with.Thin line between being a fish playing garbage hands all the time and mixing up my game and seeing the occasional flop from late position and at not much cost.Mixing it up requires a lot of caution with marginal hands.I got caught the other night for a few $$ by playing Kings with poor kickers.Great to see a King on the flop but then where am I when my bet/raise is called on a ragged board?( behind was the answer!).

My bankroll is probably safe for just now but I've got our next holiday,new car exhaust,car insurance,sisters wedding,Car parking space and my Rangers season ticket all to find money for in the next few months.I'm determinded not to run up my credit card so the poker bankroll is the next in line for a raid.If I don't hit $5k and move up successfully I may be as well leaving myself $1.5-$2k online and using the rest for some of the above.I don't think I'm being flippant if I say I don't see me losing $3.5k at the levels I'm at even if I do get an extended run of bad beats.

Taking the bus to work and heading out to the pub after work for a night out.The workmate I wrote about being in trouble for taking an unauthorised day off has been downgraded for 18 months and is moving department till he moves back up again so we're all heading out on the swally.Should be a good night.

9.30pm. Time for a shower,a shave and some poker.Back Sat or after the weekend if my hangovers killing me...

1 Comments:

At Friday, 07 April, 2006, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Acorn, do you ever play sng's, or even better, multi table tourneys? If you're ever interested, look me up on Yahoo! IM (I am "sandlerm") and we can do something together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document