Saturday, June 10, 2006

Back in black

Watched Germany beat Costa Rica 4-2 in the opening game of the world cup and later Equador beat Poland 2-0 ( quite happy about that as two celt*c players play for Poland).

The Equador game was quite dull so I logged onto Ladbrokes,found myself a $50 nl table and shortly afterwards MiasDads joined the table and went on a wee run doubling his money and hardly putting a foot wrong for the 1/2 hour we played.On the other hand I got lucky with a set of fours over a set of twos on a scary 2 3 4 rainbow board and managed to more than double my buy in too.We both played but didn't place in an Sng after that.Thanks for the game Sir and well played!

I sat back after the Sng and reflected that I must be playing some of the worst poker I've played in a long time.Since my return from holiday my Spidey senses just don't seem to be working well at all and even when they have been I've been ignoring them and playing like a donkey.I mentioned moving round the low limits distorting my perception of the standard of player at my table and I think playing with maniacs where TPTK is a great hand has probably influenced me too.

The good news for me is that I moved to Inter,opened a $100 nl buy in table and left over $220 up after finally finding my rhythm. Most of it was at that $100 6 max table and some of it was from a £25 nl table.

The title may be back in black ( fine ACDC album) but I'm probably about $10 short of being in profit for the week.Considering my tilty nightmare and poor plays this week I'm really pleased I managed to keep the heid and pull it back.Playing with MiasDad certainly helped get me focussed though strangely I don't feel I often play well when I sit with players I know.Its almost like when I'm playing well I can't put into words what I'm doing but the game flows and I seem to be able to push and pull at the right times.I couldn't say how I play a particular hand from a certain postition when in that zone as it depends totally on the table but it's a great feelin when the Spidey senses are switched on and the cards are co-operating.

Now my Interpoker account is back over $900 I'm reconsidering my withdrawl plan.Sure the credit card could still use a $700 boost but I felt quite settled at $100 nl 6 max last night and will probably get back to my aim of hitting $5k and cashing out anything above that.

Ok the Paraquay vEngland game starts soon so I'm off to watch that.Todays match of the day has to be Argentina v Ivory Coast at 8 pm bst tonight.Argentina have a great team and the Ivory Coast are on of Africa's top sides.Mouth watering prospect.

Back tomorrow with an exciting stats update....

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 11 June, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

kind words sir - maybe I'll play laddies a bit more now I have some chips!

M.

 
At Sunday, 11 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Well so long as you go easy on my stack I look forward to seeing you there ;-)

 
At Monday, 12 June, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

dont trust him mark,

Acorn, acts nice on his blog but at the tables, hes pure gekko...
GREED IS GOOD!

 
At Monday, 12 June, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

heh heh, I'm afraid of no man! I am liking Laddies a little more than I used to after the last couple of days.....

M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document