Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A lock in

Yes Mrs A goes off on Monday evening and on Tues morning the lock on the front door goes wonky.It was failing before but just my luck that I have to take a days annual leave to wait in for the locksmith.Got a blister on my finger from trying to sort the damn thing.

Still I'm going to use it to catch up on some sleep soon after another late night last night playing poker with Juice and Rosie.

The s-man came over and we had a good laugh reading through a few of my old dairy entries from my teens before hitting the tables.Found what was probably the fishiest table ever at Interpoker $.15-.30 but sadly was fish slapped for a buyin by a fishy calling with nae odds and catching a runner runner flush. Players all in with Q8 soooted,33,82sooted etc almost every hand made for a crazy game.I suppose these players are either very new or just playing for kicks as there certainly wasn't much poker thinking involved.Managed to pull back a tiny biy later to leave my Inter $50 challenge account sitting at $58.

The s-man and I also played a few $5 turbo's at Pokerroom and he did well to place 2nd in one
after making some good decisions.I emailed the s-man a gift cert ( his winnings) to get him started for real at Pokeroom.He'd actually made 54th from a couple of thousand on Laddys rebuy freeroll without ever rebuying which is good going and I reckon now he's seen just how fishy the land of $.15-.30 can be that maybe the real money option doesn't seem so scary now.( hope so anyway).

So its the locksmith this afternoon and then over to my Mum and Dads for dinner and some poker before getting back for 8pm and the start of the Brazil V Croatia game.Dado Prso is the main man for Croatia ( and Rangers) and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action though I reckon Brazil with Ronaldinho,Kaka,Ronaldo and Adriano up front will have too much for the Croats in the end.Sorry to see the USA get beaten yesterday ( though by a fine Czech team) as I don't think the game will ever really take off in the States until they get to a semi or final.( they will win it one day I'm sure).

Funny how the US starts trends and the UK follows.I see the regulator has not punished Radio Ones Chris Moyles for calling a ringtone "gay" as it is now also used as meaning lame or rubbish and nothing to do with homosexuals.So now we've cleared that up I'm quite happy to admit having gay poker blog!

I'm ahead of the game and have picked up on the latest trend and I'm.Not.Afraid.To.Use.It!
Ahh one word sentences for emphasis.Can't.Be.Beaten!

Righty I'm off for an hours kip before the locksmith arrives....

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 13 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to catch up with you , esp those old diaries! Less said about some of the entries the better...
Did come second in a tourney, but Acorn is being quite modest - i benefited greatly from some timely advice. Cheers for the gift cert mate!
It was no exaggeration to say the table was fishy. I don't know about pokery catches, but Captain Birdseye would have got a bumper haul at that table.
I'm not a great poker player (or even a good one), but the sh*te that was getting played was mental - i've not even seen a play money table that was as nuts.

Anyway, had a good night - catch up again soon!

 
At Tuesday, 13 June, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

I think the brazilians suffered from playing poor opposition before the tournement started. Turing their training sessions into exibition matches for paying fans is all welland good but not that great for getting the team well drilled and focused!perhaps they will pick it up. I think the best team going forward so far has been the czech republic. Italy and argentina looked ok. Although im still waiting for this tourne to kick into gear. It seems quite low key at the moment.

 
At Wednesday, 14 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

A fine evening s-man.Maybe I should post some of my old diary entries here eh? Maybe not!

Catch you again soon...

Juice,
Brazil are just warming up.They just did what was required of them and not much more.If I'm wrong and that's all they have then they are in big trouble!

 
At Monday, 26 June, 2006, Blogger Meek said...

I'm catching up on your posts here, so you are likely the only one to see this comment.

I've noticed in the States, an alternate spelling is being used - ghey. I think this has morphed to mean 'dorky' and seperate itself from the insult of 'gay' Or I may just be a middle-aged man and not included with the in crowd.

After that last self-disparaging comment of mine, I checked it out on Wiki. Ghey has been around since before 1998, but I may still be mistaken.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ghey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document