Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Coos keech

Ahh well ,the world of work continues to charm.Quote of the week so far goes to the guy who was complaining to a phone monkey about being cut off twice on previous calls, and was told "here comes number three" before the line went dead.

It's sounds like an old variation on the "Did you get a note of my name Sir?" routine.When the reply was in the negative, the customer would be politely told "well f*ck off then" before having the phone slammed down on them.

Reminds me of my legendary ex colleague, "The Don", who called a business customer and kept insisting he wanted to speak to Mr J Snoils depsite the customer being adamant ( he was a dandy highwayman) that no Mr Snoils worked there.When the customer asked for Mr Snoils first name and The Don replied "John" ,the customer from Johnston Oils finally realised what was going on...

I'm just off the phone to a woman who claims she spent so much time hanging around the local phone box trying to get through to us that the police questioned her as a possible prostitute! I didn't ask what she was wearing and if she earned enough to cover any compensation she no doubt wishes to claim from us...


I did only played a little poker last night due to feeling very very tired indeed.I did manage to lose half a buy-in at £100nl ( Interpoker) when I called a raise with AQ sooooted and lost to KK on a Queen high board.This was after a couple of failed 50 player,mad tilt turbos at Pokerroom.

I did get a wee boost from Burnley Miks new league table for the bloggerment which sees me sitting at the top of the pile despite never actually winning
one!

Righty here's a quick one from the paper before I go...


Helping hand :Our story of the BBC subtitling the film Sweet Sixteen because it features working-class Greenock accents, reminds Barbara Steel of the chap cupping his hand to scoop water from a Highland burn.

A passing gamekeeper told him: "Mon, ye dinnae want tae be drinking that - it's fu' o' coos' keech."

But the chap replied: "Look, dear boy, I am English and would appreciate it if you would speak to me in English."

So the gamekeeper told him: "Use both hands - you'll get more that way."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document