Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tourney time

I seem to play an awful lot of tourneys for a cash game player!Last night I played three,starting with the Raisetheriver league game, where I managed to scrape into 6th place after a tough game.I don't remember many hands apart from forcing Burnley Mik to lay down his 77 with my overpair to the board, and then going out when I pushed my k2sooted into Dudleys k10.( blinds high by that point)

After I crashed and burned I watched the game play out, and then hit the 365 cash tables where I left with a $5 profit after playing for more than an hour.

A Stars $16,18 player turbo was calling my name and I managed to take it down for a nice wee boost, before remembering Katitudes Friday night $1 donkament rebuy game on Full Tilt, and that was my next stop.One rebuy and one add on was all that I required, and eventually out of 15 runners, I finished 2nd at 5.15am for a $33 pay out.It may have been a $1 donkament but the play was pretty solid most of the time,especially at the final table.

The headsup battle lasted around 20 minutes and swung one way then the other with both of us hitting the occasional miracle card to stay in at times.I eventually went out when my J10 push on a King high board was called by J9soooted and the flush hit on the river.

Not long back from Ibrox where Rangers continued the good start to the season with a 7-2 win over Falkirk with goals from Cousin ( 2), Darchville, ( 2) Whittaker,Boyd and Broadfoot.It's still very early in the season to be thinking about bringing the league title back home, but the chances of us winning a world record 52nd league title are certainly looking better than they were last season.( which isn't saying much considering how crap we were then!)

I had to laugh at the guy behind me as he spends most of the 90 mins abusing our own players and the moment Boyd fired off a long crossfield pass today he was yelling "Boyd ya useless c*nt,what the f*ck is that?" and when it finally landed with pin point accuracy right at the feet of another Gers player he quickly added "lucky,very lucky".The motormouth then asked if we were on drugs for singing Boyds name ....just before Boydy swept the ball into the net! To be fair the motormouth is always willing to laugh about it when he gets it wrong like that and the games wouldn't be the same without him.

I've had my season ticket for about 11 years now ( ever since I started my Mon-Fri office monkey job)and there's a fair few characters near my seat in the traditional Rangers end.I detest the politically correct attitude pervading all of society these days and enjoy letting off steam at the game on a Saturday.I'm not one to sit and politely applaud my team.I begin in a fairly calm ( usually exhausted after a 5am poker finish!)manner, before getting to my feet at the first bad tackle or poor refereeing decision.As the match rolls on I get more and more animated and passionate about what's going on, until it's time to cheer the team off,hit the board overhead on the way out, and get ready to do it all again next week.

Pasta and poker are the plans for this evening.Don't forget to register for tomorrows Bloggerment 22 game.See previous posts for details...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 19 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankyou for telling me it was an over-pair on the 77 hand! it was bugging the hell outta me!! hahahaha.

Your new found late aggression is extremely tricky, probably help you get over that final hurdle and start taking some MTT's down mate!

Well done in the rebuy game and taking the 18 man $16 down too... a good night all round.

Nice work with the bloggerment banner, it's going up now!

ATB

BM

 
At Sunday, 19 August, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs BM,Glad to put you out of your misery!

Aye,not a bad wee night at all.

See you at the bloggerment tonight mate....

 
At Sunday, 19 August, 2007, Blogger Check In The Dark said...

Cheers for the comment and compliment. I'll be sure to add you when i am next on the old blog. See you at the bloggerment tonight?

All the best

 
At Sunday, 19 August, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs CITD.See you at the virtual felt tonight....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document