Monday, August 06, 2007

Big Issue

I've had better weekends.Ex Mrs A said on Sat night that due to third party reasons involving her falling out with neighbours,she wants me to move out this week.When I pointed out that my tennant doesn't move out until Sept 13th and that she was well aware of this,she threatened to dump my stuff on the street.

She'd calmed down later and I agreed to speak to the neighbour ( who I've always got on with) and explain I'm leaving in a few weeks and don't want any hassle.I'll also call my letting agency and see if I can get my flat back earlier.

My parents,sister and a couple of friends have offered to put me up ( or put up with me) but I really wanted to avoid making two moves and unsettling myself any further.Looks like I may not have much choice..

My parents are also selling a flat they used to rent out which is nearer Glasgow city centre and within my price range.My own place would need some decorating done before being sold if I decided to buy the new flat so it's all a bit messy.I'm just not sure how I'm going to feel moving back to my original flat.Will I feel I'm back home or will I just want out for a fresh start?

I could move back ,do it up and then sell up and move within the same area I'm in which would make it easier to see Step A and Nacho.

I have at least compiled a list of action points I need to make a start on, and although my life is in turmoil, and I'm going to miss Step A and Nacho like mad,I'm trying to keep a sense of perspective.

I didn't play much poker after that on Sat night and only played in the Britbloggerment game last night on 'Stars.Congrats to Welshyk for winning it and well done to BM for earning himself the bridesmaid dress this week.I managed 4th with the highlights being 88,AK and QQ holding up in races,the hammer costing me half my chips and finally losing when my AK didn't improve against JJ.


Looking forward to heading over to my parents with Step A for birthday dinner tonight.( ex is working)

We've still not told Step A and will have to do so shortly, though I'm sure she must sense something is wrong.Nacho knows I think as he comes and sits on my feet everytime ex Mrs A leaves the room!

Before I go thanks to Rosie and Juice for sending me the Cincinnati Kid on dvd for my birthday.Brought a smile to my face!I love the tag line "He'd take on anyone,at anything,anytime".

Ok,back later in the week...

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Monday, 06 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, she's being pretty harsh mate. I really hope you can sort out a place and get back onto your feet pretty soon. All this must be messing with your head terribly.

Take care of yourself mate.

ATB

BM

 
At Monday, 06 August, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

happy birthday littleacorn man!

 
At Monday, 06 August, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Hello acorn,

i shouldnt write this because im drunk and am finding it difficult to collect my thoughts.

I will keep this short i think. I really hope everything is alright when you tell little step a.

Just remember its always darkest before dawn. You will be ok my friend. :-)

Juice

 
At Monday, 06 August, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

P.s Rosie and I were stumped for a present but we thought we would give to a cautionary tale in moving all in at the felt!

 
At Tuesday, 07 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Acorn, feels like a bit lame but best birthday wishes.. Wish it was under different circumstances but looks like a fresh start might do you good. I'm sure you're olds would let you stay at their "renting" place for a couple of months till you sell your flat sold (get Donald to decorate - you know he'll do it quick, do it cheap and probably steal the paint.. :). Might be just the tonic and you'll be closer to city center for more drunken nights in the toon and a cheapo taxi home - I'll be looking for a kip on the couch when I'm back - I'll show you how to get bevvied :) Righty aff to trout out on some poor sod, I can feel a right fishy move coming on ... :)

 
At Tuesday, 07 August, 2007, Blogger Kenn said...

hope u get that move sorted out mate

 
At Tuesday, 07 August, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks everyone for the comments and birthday wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document