Saturday, July 28, 2007

Made the final 18....



I had a mixed night at the poker last night.It was a good night for my roll, but could have been better after I was $120 up within about 10 minutes at my $100nl Laddies cash table, before losing a big hand with trips to a full house, and leaving $40 up a while later.

I also made a quick $25 at 'Stars just before bed and managed 22nd place in an Interpoker Headhunter tourney for a whopping $1 profit.Only I could come 22/369 in a head hunter bounty tourney and not manage to collect one single bounty!

In any other tourney getting that far without having to commit my stack very often would be good...!

The cash tables at Inter weren't as kind and after losing a big hand to a suckout I then tilted off a further $40 through a combination of tiredness,frustration and lack of focus.I still have over double my buy-in at Inter so all is not lost.

I also played a sat mtt to try and qualify for the Scottish world cup team at Stars yesterday and suffered a pretty awful beat ( look away now) when I got it all in with AdKd v AsJh on an Ace high flop with two diamonds ,only to see a Jc fall on the river.Nice one outer!

I was determined to try again today and sat down with two rolls n square sausage to play at 2pm along with 95 others.

I chipped up quite well, although it was squeaky bum time near the bubble as I was 10th from 13 left with the top 9 qualifying.

The significant hand was when it was folded to me with AQ on the button.The bb was very shortstacked and was sitting out.I made a decent sized raise, however the big stack in the sb must have thought I was after the dead bb's money and he reraised.I made the call, as I had to take a chance to move up the rankings, and he could have been making that move with a less than premium hand because he thought I was stealing.He showed AJ and my AQ actually held up.From then on I folded into the next round....

I should also mention Hammerheid ( bloggerment player) was at my table and played well.He was very unlucky to take a big hit when his KK fell to QQ and unfortuntely he never recovered.




The final is tomorrow at 2pm and 2/18 will qualify for the Scottish team.The countries then play off online and the top 8 go to sunny Barcelona to play live for some decent cash.( and the glory!)

I also watched Rangers beat Chelsea 2-0 in the friendly game at Ibrox this afternoon with the Nacho man opening the scoring and Sebo bagging the other.

Don't forget to register for Bloggerment 19 and if you see two in the lobby please pick the No-Limit one! As Joint Supreme Overlord of the Bloggerment along with Burnley Mik, I am happy under the collective responsibility ethos,to accept the blame....on BM's behalf if he's not around and then place it firmly on his shoulders :-)

Looks like the Wolverine fan is trying to round up some US dead money for the game on Sunday and let me just say again that the Bloggerment is open to anyone,anywhere and we're a pretty welcoming bunch.( We smile as we take your chips!)

Come on people,Do you wanna play a game?!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, 28 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Banner!

Congrats on qualifying for the final for the Scottish team. Would love to see you making waves and losing to the English on Tv! ;o) Seriously though, well done and best of luck in the final!

As for the bloggerment.... you sScots are a resillient bunch, we beat you week after week and still you return!!!

;0) HAHA.

ATB

BM

 
At Saturday, 28 July, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers BM.Not getting too excited though.It's still a long way to Barca!

As for the bloggerment, considering how many English players enter every week and your countries incredibly poor record...I amazed you don't all take up tiddly winks :-)))

 
At Sunday, 29 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out raise the river - poker blog title "Sundays blogger tourney challenges and bounty's" a wee challenge and a few bounty's in there, spread the word

SJS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document