Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wed Update

Visited Mother and Father Acorns last night for a fine steak dinner and my Mum and I played a few wee sng's afterwards.In the first one our JJ was busted by A10,our Queens fell early in the 2nd,Kings busted within a few hands of the 3rd game and to top it off our Aces were busted early in the last game after losing all in preflop to J9 and 99.( straight on the board!).

Later on I played a wee $6 turbo with Rosie and couldn't recover from having my Jacks whupped by 1010 when a 10 flopped.Who flicked my doom switch?!

In other news when I offered ex Mrs A money towards the weeks shopping she said it would be better if I got my own.I've checked and apparently we will still be sharing milk,bread etc for now.I'm very tempted to cancel the car insurance for the fiesta as it's in my name however I'll see how things go first.

The washing machine was on spinning away until after 1am last night and I'm wondering if she's now trying to annoy me into leaving before my tennant leaves my own place and I can go home.She's out working Mon/Wed/Thus, and if it wasn't for the chance to make the most of my time with Step A and Nacho, then I'd happily be out of there pronto.

A wise person said I may only realise my true feelings re Mrs A with the benefit of hindsight, and although that may be true, I honestly don't feel I'm anywhere near being as upset about the actual split with the ex as I am about not seeing as much of Step A and Nacho.

I'm not bitter about wasting 7 1/2 years of my life because I've had some great times, including several holidays abroad most years,teaching Step A to swim and cycle, aswell as some good laughs with the ex too.

Ok,thanks for reading that drivel!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At Thursday, 26 July, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Thursday, 26 July, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Thursday, 26 July, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Hello Acorn,

Nothing is ever a waste. Adversity makes us the people we are.

I think its easy to judge a relationship on the way it ends but i do think you need perspective for such things.

Perhaps the reason you are not as upset as you think you should be is because you have been trying to save you relationship for a while but it just wanst meant to be.

Sometimes no matter what you do bad things are going to happen. And despite Step A and all the good times, sometimes all the good stuff isnt enough to make it work.

You cant always choose what cards will throw at you but i think what you can do is choose how you face those things and i think you are facing this difficult time with alot alot of dignity. Head up mate.

take care

Juice

 
At Thursday, 26 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dignity indeed, wise words from juice but the only thing I'd add is maybe it's time to escalate the moving policy. There will come a time when you start to wonder why you're the one holding yer head high and not getting the same courtesy in return. Things might be escalating and if you start to think about who's "getting the upper hand" then things will go downhill fast!! She might be trying to make sure you know it's over and there is no way back, but if you harbour a glimpse of hope and that is the message she's sending, it's gonna come really hard and kick like an mule!! Not sure of the answer because it's a complex situation and not one that will ever go easy. Moving now might be the best answer so you don't have to suffer and it also sends the message that you've got it and only want to maintain a friendship and the other bonds that you've build over time. Don't hang around if it's playing with your head it will only get worse!!

I know you'll remember, you're life didn't start here and sure as hell won't end here, you've got too much to offer and (even tho we call you yasser) so much to give, so don't let this change who you are, not even for a moment!!

Keep the head held high, keep the mind as straight as you can and let the heart do the mourning till it's time to move on. Your mates are with you all the way!!!!! And SOME!!!

 
At Thursday, 26 July, 2007, Blogger dD said...

the trout is right. we are with you all the way !

still makes me laugh ... you and your mum playing poker !!

good luck

regards

dD

 
At Thursday, 26 July, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Replied to Juice and SJS on todays post.

Thanks dD.It still makes me laugh that my Mum plays poker too mate!( and probably more than me!)

 
At Friday, 27 July, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

I think the salmon has a point although im sure acorn is sticking around for nacho and step a more than mrs A. I think he should enjoy his time with the two of them.( washing machines permitted)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document