Thursday, July 12, 2007

Piece of cake...

I didn't have much motivation to play poker last night either,though I did drop $15 at Party after folding a hand I'm still unsure about.It was a $50nl 6 max table and the villain had lost a buy-in a bit earlier with KK v AA.

I raised 5bb with my AA,he called and we saw a King high non co-ordinated flop.Instead of my usual pot sized bet I led out with $2,hoping to extract more money from him.The turn brought a 10 and this time he bet $4 into me.I should probably have raised here for information but I just had a feeling he had made 2 pair, or had a set and I called.After a seemingly blank river and with him first to act ,he shoved all in for another $47.

He had seemed solid ( and not tilty) and I didn't think he would be silly to bluff off his stack without a real hand here.He may not have been tilty, but anyone losing a buy-in is still going to be extra keen to get it back if possible and I decided not to give him the chance and folded my poorly played rockets.I do believe the old adage that you usually win small or lose big with high pocket pairs.Of course he could have had KQ and I was miles ahead...

I feel I've been laying my big pairs down more often recently and not suffering as much from what a commentator on last nights Party poker game ( on tv)called "creative puting".This means everything screaming that you're behind in the hand but calling a villains large bet because you creatively put the villain on a hand you can beat! Guilty as charged on that one far too often!

I couldn't resist one wee 50 player mad tilt $2.50 tourney at Pokerroom before bed ( 60 chips and 10/20 blinds to start) but bubbled annoyingly after getting my chips in ahead.

Before I go here are a couple of quality youtube clips.The first is a peach of a goal from Lionel Messi scored against Mexico in the Copa America competition and the second is a serious warning from Chris Morris's Brass Eye series about the dangers of the drug "cake" from a few years back...




Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, 13 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust those instincts mate. Takes a disciplined player to fold AA.. not many do it, whatever the flop!

See you Sunday for more Nation vs Nation action! ;-)

ATB

BM

 
At Friday, 13 July, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

It's something I need to learn to do more often.Too easy to get attached to a pair when the average winning holdem hand is two pair!

Oh and yeah,roll on Sunday!

 
At Saturday, 14 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cake... I'm on fresh nutmeg and banana skins - they are yellow but I've not seen any submarines..

As for the AA if I was you I woulda gone over the top of his $4 bet with $12 and see what he did, if he called you know you're fooked. But then if it was me I woulda gone over the top and probably called river bet anyway... trouts away :)

 
At Saturday, 14 July, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wS1GtmEQE

in a similar vein

 
At Saturday, 14 July, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I reckon your right there SJS and a raise to $12 would have been a good idea.

Peach of a goal too Juice btw!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document