Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Bucket of trouble

I had a decent night last night at the tables with the only real blip being a daft call on my very last orbit.Does anyone else suffer from last orbit/hand syndrome?!

I'll get that out of the way first.I was at a Laddies $100nl 6 max table and had raised to $4 preflop with A10 on the button and the shorter stacked Big blind pushed for $46.Now the average pot was quite high, but I'd been at another table and had no idea if this was a regular move from the bb,he was tilting or he had a hand.I folded.

On the next orbit I'm dealt 1010 and raise $4 again ,only for him to go all in once more.I decided I was well ahead of any lower pair and prepared to gamble if he had overs.He did.QQ.The board didn't help me.Doh!

I did managed to rack up a decent night at 'Stars and my roll there has now bounced back from a low of $48 yesterday.Flopping a flush with 67h v AA helped and 1010 eventually hitting a straight and getting paid by a real donk was also nice.I've had a few problems with using Pokertracker and GT+ at Laddies recently ( doesn't seem to pick up all players at the table) but it works a treat at Stars and I've been using it ( along with my own instincts) to move tables if there don't appear to be any apparent donators.

I do seem to spend an awful lot of time on game selection and regularly find myself hopping from one site to another to get the juciest table available.It's not a good strategy for bonus clearing or earning player points but my main focus has always been on the game itself.The fact that Pokertracker shows an I play for an average pot of $17.26 at Laddies ( over 24k hands) bears that out I think.

Ok,not much else going on today.I'm still off on annual leave and Mrs A and Step A are still away in Millport.No more to say on that situation really.I'll see what happens when she gets back.I have pretty much decided that if we are through, then I'm going back to my flat rather than renting somewhere else.

Oh and in other breaking news the window cleaner arrived today while Nacho was out in the back garden.Nacho's not an aggressive dog and welcomed him by wagging his tail and then promptly peeing in the mans nice fresh bucket of hot soapy water.

Ok,thanks for reading...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 05 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

had a little blip masell..... played some rotten poker!! continued my non-stop poor poker playing, caught between a few styles of poker and executing none of them well. I play ubber tight, loose calls, with aggresive raises and make some lucky hands and take down big pots....None of this was played well and you can't mix three styles at once, if you're me!! My starts roll over the last 2 weeks has taken a hit of about $500 down and now sits at $140 ish - not so good, but did make a few bucks at the cash tables at my FT account $22, I play at FT within my bank roll and win, play outwith my bank roll at stars and lose... lesson there?!!! I think so!!

Back to the drawing board... not just about my style of poker play but also about the levels i play at, geeeeez it's so frustrating for me that I can't just move up a level and win when i'm impatient cause i get so little table time these days, think I'll put a $20 bounty on my head on sunday if someone beats me with a good hand and good play and will let remaining peeps decide if i ws unlucky or if i played the hand well - $20 for a free lesson sounds about right :) Spread the word!!! Hope you're doing ok and holding it together this week - always the first step!! Keep focused on YOU and live life to the full!! Looking forward to Sunday chat, cheers Miccus De Marco

 
At Thursday, 05 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

banner changed ... I think.

can you drop by and check ?

regards

dD

btw lol "pissed in bucket" ha ha

 
At Thursday, 05 July, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Nothing wrong with mixing up your play according to the table.Takes time to develop a style that suits and even then it may need changing if moving up.I get away with quite a passive game at very loose high ave pot tables.( passive until I have a hand).Moving up requires more preflop aggression for sure.

I am doing ok mate.Some days better than others tbh.Live seems more empty than full but hopefully that will change.Hope to catch you at the tables soon mate.


dD,Banner looking good and ready to be borrowed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document