Monday, July 23, 2007

Bloggerment report

Congrats to Kronsdat for taking down last nights Britbloggerment game and to Hammerheid and Spid for making the money.

I only managed a lowly 17th place finish from 24 starters, although I did manage to bounce back from 300 chips after my 1010 was beaten by Spids AK when a King fell.He had raised preflop when folded to him ( on the button I think)and this made it less likely in my mind that he had a premium hand.When I shoved I was hoping he would only have one live overcard or a lower pair to give me a real edge in any race, but his Big Slick meant I was only slightly ahead.

I ended up pushing 33 and lost a race to Kenns AQ to go out.I had just over 1000 chips at that point and as the blinds were creeping up and my stack would soon have diminished ,I don't regret the move.

If I'd won those two races... I coulda been a contenda!

All good fun and as usual the chatbox was buzzing.

Mary mentioned playing another blogger tourney during the week and I see saw someone on Raise the River forum asking about a mini league and splitting the prize pool.On the latter idea I'm of the opinion that for now the Britbloggerment game is working just fine as it stands.

I'd considered chatting to BM about possibly raising the buy-in for the first or last game of each month but the $5 seems to suit everyone and I don't think people would play any better if the stakes were raised.

If there was enough interest, then a midweek game could be an idea, although perhaps the Britblogger game is as good as it is because it's a one off every week.All thoughts welcome.

Righty here's a quick funny from the paper before I go...

Bert Kelly recalls a relative who went on holiday to Greece. It was his first trip outside the UK and (a) he could not get his tongue around the word drachma and would substitute Dracula every time the name of the then local currency came up and (b) couldn't get the hang of a bar tab as he had "always paid for his swally" when he got it.

One evening our hero and his father-in-law decided to go for a bevvy. Father-in-law went home early, only to be woken by our hero banging on his door. The police were after him, it wasn't his fault and they should have been chasing the guy who tried to mug him. In the cold light of morning it transpired that as our hero left the bar "a guy ran up to him and demanded 2000 Draculas", whereupon our hero decked him and made off. The assembled family all sympathised until the father-in-law asked him what he owed him for the bar tab. "What bar tab?:" was the reply.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, 23 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am of the opinion to just let the Bloggermemnt keep running as it is at the moment, keep letting it grow.

That said, as it is for everyone then make your suggestions!

Laughed out loud at the dracula story..haha great stuff.

Ul in losing the Team challenge tho! ;O)
A
ATB

BM

 
At Tuesday, 24 July, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Glad we agreed on the bloggerment game BM.If it aint broke...

Hmm team challenge was rigged! Wait until next Sunday...

 
At Wednesday, 25 July, 2007, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

I think the blogger does well as it is, increasing the buy could alienate some. As the old saying goes 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'!
Sorry about the AK v 10 10 - you must be my only victim with that hand ;-)
See ya next week!

 
At Wednesday, 25 July, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for the input MD.Reckon your analogy is spot on mate.

No need to apologise for the AK hand.Played itself really.

Catch you at next Sundays game...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document