Monday, July 16, 2007

Bloggerment tales

Great to see a record 28 players come out to play the Britbloggerment game last night on 'Stars.Thanks to all who showed up and helped make it an excellent game.Where else does a $5 game with 28 players take nearly 3 hours to complete?

Congrats to Mikesaban for destroying the field with some fine poker and to Tripjax for putting in a great display too and earning himself the bridesmaid dress!




I made the final table again but crashed out in 8th after a move I'm still unsure of.Pokermunkey raised preflop and I decided to take a stand with my 44 and pushed all in.I had hoped there was a chance PM would fold A10-AQ or 22- 88 ( it was for his tourney life too)but he made the call with AK sooted,hit his King and sent me to the rail.

I could maybe have waited for a better spot but felt if it was a coin flip and I won it then I would have a far better chance against the remaining sharks.I usually play to get in the money first in most of the turbos I play, but at the Britbloggerment game I'd rather take a chance to double up than sneak into the money.

Other key hands I recall were whupping the San Jose Salmons ( Al eleven) hammer with my AJ,always seeming to have a hand on Burnley Miks big blind and knocking Juice ( Quixote) out with JJ.

After the game I decided to play some cash at Stars and was enjoying my table as it had one really poor player who seemed intent on donating his stack to the rest of us.

All was going well until a hand where I had raised preflop with As10c,hit my 10 and when the villain ( not the fish) made a 50c bet ( Flop Qd 10d 6s)I meant to reraise to see if he was on the flush draw but instead of a $5 bet I realised to my horror I'd bet $50! Just my luck that the villain wasn't flush drawing and called with his badly played trip queens.( unless he was hoping to lure the eager fish in with a weak lead type bet).

I even hit an Ace on the turn but all to no avail and I left the table annoyed at my tired,fumbling error.

Righty that's all for this bank holiday Monday.Just time to remind my English blogging friends not to get too carried away because an Englishman won the Blogger game.I counted 13/28 English starters.Well done on improving your pitiful record in the competition though :-))

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At Monday, 16 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn, you absolutely punished my BB relentlessly. I was dying to come back over the top, but I always had crap! I was sure you were stealing on one particular raise, but I had 6,2. Still If I was so sure I should have pushed....

Well played sir and be warned I will never be so passive with my BB again!!

BTW... ENGLAND RULE THE BLOGGERMENT!! ;o)

One day we might give you guys a chance....

ATB

BM

 
At Monday, 16 July, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I look forward to dishing out similar punishment to your bb next week too mate :-)

Bring it!

 
At Tuesday, 17 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"BTW... ENGLAND RULE THE BLOGGERMENT!! ;o)

One day we might give you guys a chance...."

BM, i think the time has come....

Sir, for your indefatigable defence of the indefensible...we of the Caledonian nation (modern day translation..."champs" hehe) knight you as ' Sir McBurnley of Engerland'.

This rare honour means that You, unique amonst all engerlanders, get to share the cup of the true Victors (us)...

Knighted, as now you most surely are, you may romp towards your next bbloggerment victory, sure in the knowledge that you have ramped one up for the Scots (on account of your new status)!

Arise Sir McBurnley of Bawbaggusness...yer place at the next one is assured ;-)

sookra / yera / master of trash talk..... ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 17 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's an extremely generous offer, but i am true to my homeland (not like some of yours, eh SanJose Salmon??? ;o)

I agree you Scots play some excellent pokey, but in the bloggerment you guys are no match for the mighty England! I am sticking with the champions! We will meet at the felt again for more battles!

GL and GodSpeed S-man!

ATB

BM

 
At Wednesday, 18 July, 2007, Blogger Kirby the German Roofer said...

Amatays cousin/ close friend/ boyz in da hood here, long time reader first time poster here.

Any chance of a link swap, im doing some great traffic.

 
At Wednesday, 18 July, 2007, Blogger Amatay said...

This 'funny' bastard aint my cousin. check my blog lol

 
At Wednesday, 18 July, 2007, Blogger portdeco20 said...

cheerz mate =) will start up a roll again soon hopefully, keep reading!

 
At Thursday, 19 July, 2007, Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Nice blog. Link swap?

 
At Thursday, 19 July, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs port.Looking forward to reading about your comeback!

Added your links,Kirby and Snoopy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document