Monday, July 30, 2007

Bloggerment + Charity game update

First up a huge thanks to every one of the 39 runners who turned out to play the Britbloggerment game last night,beating the previous record turnout by a mile.Great to see so many new faces too, and I think the turnout shows there's no need to tweak and change the format in any way right now.

Congrats to Dremeber for taking it down after a fine battle.My own battle was far shorter after my KK fell to QQ, before my good mate Al Eleven finished me off by donkey calling his way to a winning hand v my flopped two pair :-))

Also thanks to Cloud for the $5 transfer bounty received today after Al Eleven and I destroyed the Cloud and BM in our last long bet!( after Al had destroyed my stack first!)


I had a little trouble focussing on the start of the Bloggerment game, as I was still scrapping it out in Kennys charity game on Bet365.It was a rebuy tourney and I had planned on making a few as it was for a good cause, but my donkey all ins with hands like A9 all seemed to hold up.It was just aswell because when I chose to take the add on I discovered that although my deposit had been made, my $60 was only showing as "withdrawable" and wasn't in my poker account.

I made it down to a HU battle with Mikesaban and considering his fine MTT record,I felt I held my own reasonably well.Mike had taken a bit of a battering at the start of the game and I think he even announced he was on his last rebuy, before he put in a storming performance to get it HU.

I tried to be aggressive and mix up my play against him but finally fell at the last hurdle when we both got our big stacks in the middle.My AJ V KJ dominated, but a rivered Queen gave Mike the straight and the top prize.( kindly donated by MiasDad).I was a bit gutted by the rivercard, though overall Mike played a fine game and I hope the Sabans enjoy the weekend break prize.

Not much tourney joy, however I did take £80 to a £100nl full ring table at Interpoker and managed to run it up to £185 before bed.

My third hand was 1010 and along with four others ,I called a £4 preflop raise.( I was in cut off position).The flop came 10 high with 2 clubs and the villain led out with a £17 bet.I was tempted to slow play a little,resisted the temptation and doubled his bet to £34, hoping he would read me for either an A10 type hand or a semi-bluff on the flush draw.He pushed with his KK, I insta-called and my hand held up.

I won a couple of smaller pots after that and left the table very happy with my £105 profit.I'll continue to take shots using my Interpoker account,
though I've seen enough beats in my time to avoid the enevitable consequences of taking the my full Inter roll to one table.

Righty that's all for today.Poker tonight, followed by Rangers game v Zeta in the Champions League 1st round of qualifiers tomorrow night.

Back soon...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, 31 July, 2007, Blogger Mike said...

Excellent HU yesterday Acorn, seemed to take an age to finally decide the winner, unlucky on that last hand.

All the best

Mike

 
At Tuesday, 31 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your second in the charity game acorn!

As for your own best Scottish mate taking all your chips...... I say no more! ;o)

ATB

BM

 
At Tuesday, 31 July, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

I didn't realise Al had taken most of your chips - lol.
Who needs enemies eh, when you've got friends like that!!

The Bloggerment is tremendous right now - and improving all the time - if it gets any bigger or better we might have to invest in a new bridesmaids dress between us ;o)

 
At Tuesday, 31 July, 2007, Blogger Swifty said...

I'll never forgive you for outkicking me when our shared set of jacks clashed in the charity game.

;)

 
At Wednesday, 01 August, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Mike.It was a fine heads up battle.Congrats again on taking it down.

Hey BM n Cloud,tell me about it! Some feckin' team mate eh!

Agreed on the success of the Bloggerment Cloud.39 starters last week was just unreal.

Cell: I'd never have forgiven you if you'd hit that shitty kicker! hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document