Thursday, August 09, 2007

Equus Asinus

After a day of listening to hysterical ranters and people crying over the phone re their complaints ,I arrived home with my sausage supper and logged on to Stars at 9pm for my Heads-up match with Hammerheid last night.The only tears thereafter were mine by the end of our HU game!

I thought I played reasonably well until I made an Equus asinus ( check yer Latin!) call preflop with Ah7h and lost to AK.After that I couldn't seem to get going and lost out when my straight draw failed to hit against top pair.Congrats to Hammerheid and good luck in the next round.

I haven't really trusted myself to play good poker over the last few days and didn't play another hand until I bubbled an 18 player,$6 turbo.I was going to hit the cash tables after that but ended up walking Nacho to get some fresh air and stretch my legs.

I played a little cash at Inter afterwards and finished almost even after 1/2 hour of play.

Tonight I popped over to Mother Acorns to pick up Step A's birthday card.I bought her earings yesterday and I just hope she likes them.Step A showed me her bebo page last night and all was fine until I saw she was "friends" with a 31yr old male!Step A calmed me down by informing me her 31yr old "friend" is actually the lead singer of Linkin Park! Doh!

My Mum was delighted to tell me that she'd lost her "wee marine creature" symbol on Sharkscope earlier in the week.Tonight, just before I was leaving, she entered a $16 ,9 player sng by mistake and between the two of us we managed to take it down for a $51 profit.

Arrived home and as the ex is at work I managed to have a chat with Step A, and it went as well as I could have expected.Step A is happy to have me babysit on a Wed night when the ex is working ( after I move out) and knows I'll always be there for her if she needs me.We had a quick hug and she rushed back outside to play with her friends.I'll also need to download that msn thing one day so I can keep in touch with her that way too.


In other news I was interested to see Scottish goalkeeper Craig Gordon move from Hearts to Sunderland for a whopping £9 million.He's a quality keeper but not error free and I wonder if he'll live up to the price tag.He's no Andy Goram that's for sure!

I also read that a US baseball player named Barry Bonds has just broken the homerun record but has been tainted by links to steriod abuse.Reminds me of being a lad and being fascinated by Ben Johnsons clash with Carl Lewis in the 100m and feeling quite let down after Johnson failed the drugs test.I've no interest in baseball but as a sportsfan I hope the orignal record would stand and Bonds gets kicked out of the sport.

Ok, that's all for now...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 09 August, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

didnt carl lewis take drugs too?

 
At Friday, 10 August, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yes but he didn't know he was taking them!

 
At Friday, 10 August, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

I should really put allegedly in there to cover my arse.

Still cheapens the glory though. Also i find athletics is a bit like the tour de france all the drug scandals just makes the public cynical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document