Friday, September 07, 2007

Lost to a 2 outer...No No No!

Last nights poker began with a wee $6 turbo Juice and I played and both bombed out of.I then went 0/3 playing my usual $16 games after more cooler type luck.Ran AK into KK in the first game ( preflop) and then picked up KK as my first hand in the next game.I didn't get too excited and actually feared Aces when I shoved after a small raise and reraise.The original raiser folded and the other villain called with 1010.A ten on the turn sealed my fate and I sat back and took a deep breath.

I was card dead in the last one until I limped shortstacked with J10 and shoved after a Q 10 6 flop,got called by A10 and I didn't improve.

After a short break I moved to a Laddies $50nl 6 max table,bought in for $50 and left with $140 about 3/4 hr later.I wrote my new country song at that table "How can I go to bed when there's a fish at my table?".( Released soon!)

I ended up switching off around 1.15am, but I had to drag myself away, as the table had been going well for me.I was seeing only about 9% of flops due to the loose aggressive/tilty way the table was playing.My biggest winners were not premium hands but came from calling min raises preflop ( I love villains who min raise preflop at cash games)with hands like 78c and 910s.

TAG style at these tables seems to have the added bonus of slowing down the villains sometimes.Even if they have a premium pair on a fairly non scary flop ,they have to wonder why the seemingly rock like player is calling their continuation bet.It may slow them down but it doesn't seem to stop them calling when I do hit my monster well hidden draws.

Ok,tonight is the return of the raisetheriver league game and I'm looking forward to playing in it.

No Gers game this weekend as Scotland have a couple of vital qualifiers to play.It's Lithuania tomorrow at Hampden ( must win game) and the small matter of France in Paris on Wed night.

I've been listening to Amy Winehouse all week and she might be a screwed up girl but her album is superb and one of the best I've heard in a while.

Ok, don't forget to register for Sundays Bloggerment....

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document