Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wed Update

Big thanks to Rosie and Juice for their comments on yesterdays post.I think I have been looking to find someone ( me!) or something to blame for my split with the ex Mrs A.Rosies assertion that the ex and I simply like to spend our spare time differently and have grown apart seems to be spot on.Hey, maybe I'm not a total c*nt afterall!

On the poker front I played a couple of $16 turbo,18 player games and after coming nowhere in the first one I managed to grind my way to a 3rd place finish in the next one.I came across another situation I hate in these turbo games and that is picking up AJ sooted in early position just a few hands into the game.I usually raise 5bb preflop early on and I was almost happy someone reraised me and I could throw my AJ into the virtual muck.What a crappy hand!

I did win a buy-in at Bet365 at a $50 nl table.I'd watched a player lose his stack just before I joined the table and my instinct was that he was on tilt.My first hand was 1010 and this player had bet 7bb preflop before the action was on me.I reckoned my tens were good and pushed all in,he called,I hit a ten on the flop and I won the pot without seeing his cards.

This was all watched by the rest of the table and according the Bet 365 lobby it was also watched by five railbirds.Now I've railed the high stakes games on Full Tilt and enjoyed watching huge pots slide across the virtual felt, but I can't understand the appeal of spending time watching $50nl!

Righty ,here's a wee funny from the paper before I go...


Scots businessman Neil Gibson is wondering how strong his accent is after a trip to Oklahoma where he picked up a hire car from Hertz. The nice lady behind the counter asked if he would like satellite navigation in the car.

After he agreed that it would be a good idea, she helpfully told him that he could set it to his own language, too.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 06 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you mean you can't understand railbirding $50nl... I regularly railbird the $5 bloggger tourney (although not before BM)

 
At Thursday, 06 September, 2007, Blogger Klopzi said...

Muck AJs in early or middle position. You can steal-raise from late position, though I'd even hold off on doing this until level 3 or 4.

 
At Thursday, 06 September, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

At least your railbirding people you know SJS!

I think your probably right klopzi, though I only play turbos and I think that's what tempts me into playing AJ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document