Friday, July 01, 2005

2 sit n go's

Not much to report from last night as most of it was spent on the ps2.Good to catch up with wee Stu. Mrs A was really tired and stayed up stairs watching tv.I had offered to take her and Step A out for a meal but Mrs A wasn't up for it.

Stu left about 12 am and whilst I contemplated a poker free night for a second or two or even a much needed early night I played a couple of $5 5 max sng's. Bombed out in last place in the first one and decided to really focus on the second. Came second when I went all in with 55 and lost a coin flip to AJ.

I've had a think about why that was my first placing in my last 5 or 6 $5 5max tourneys as my record before was much better and the competition still isn't up to much.I think it comes down to a dangerous complacency creeping in to my game.This is possibly because with a bankroll of over $700 ( now $740) playing my A game in tourneys where the entry fee is only $5 is not making me focus enough.I like playing tourneys though and may try and play some $10 or $20 to test myself and keep myself fully into it.Ideally though I'd like a much bigger bankroll before moving up.Maybe now I'm aware of this leak I can plug it.Like when I realise I'm on tilt I stop right away and take a break.Ok I'm still working on that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document