Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Another fine night

Popped up to my Mum and Dads for dinner last night hoping it wasn't chicken on the menu.I've had chicken kiev,Southern fried chicken and chicken tikka since Mrs A went away. First thing my Mum says is "Breast or leg" and she wasn't asking my favourite female body part.Still the roast chicken was clucking lovely.My sis is staying with them till Friday and she's getting better by the day.Glad she's out of hospital.

Headed home afterwards and stopped off to buy a bunch of flowers to welcome back Mrs A and Step A. Easy you would think but with a queue a mile long at the 9 items or less till I went round to the bit where they sell the papers/cigarettes etc but the girl refused to serve me despite there being no queue.A quick chat with the manager soon resolved that but I didn't need the hassle.

Gave the house a good clean ( well I vaccumed and did the dishes) and then hit the tables.My poor run at 5 player $5 sng turbos continued as I flunked 4 only managing 3rd twice.Moved to a $.50nl 5 max table.I left $10 up after 1/2 hour.I'd forgotten how much I like playing 5 max cash games.In many ways it seems much more like real poker and not just a game of waiting for a monster hand and hoping it holds up.Much more bluffing and the weak players have no hiding place.

From there I went to $1 nl and won a few $$ and the bankroll sits at £745.I've still not got the hand converter to work ( I'm gonna email the guy for help) but my biggest 2 winning hands were when I called a $3 raise with JJ and the flop came K J 5 rainbow.Only me and the original raiser left and he raised £10 on flop.I put him on AK and just called as the board wasn't too scary and the way he'd been playing he would have raised more if he had KK in the hole.I called the same £10 on the turn before forcing him to fold to my $40 on the river.I think I was too greedy on the river.He may have called a $20 or $25 on river with AK but $40 was too much.Nice wee pot though.

On the other hand I got very lucky and felt like adding some fins to my back for the rest of the session however my justification was that he was called AKAONTILT and had been acting that way losing a few pots before this one.I had AQ two off the button and limped in.Flop came A K 9 rainbow.I bet $5 and all folded to Mr Tilt who re-reraised me.I decided he didn't have AK as he would have raised pf but probably had AJ A10 or was semi bluffing with QJ or 10 J.I considered
K9 but thought that if I was ahead I wanted to take it down or make him pay to draw so I bet the pot and he re-raised me $42 putting himself all in.
He did have K9 but my fishier than a fishy thing thats very fishy runner runner straight came when I called his all in for a board of A K 9 J 10 rainbow.

Got to my bed around 1am and woke up when Mrs A and Step A arrived back at 6am from Cyprus.The flowers went down well and Mrs A said they both had a great time.

Wee Stu is coming round tonight instead of tomorrow night.We'll probably watch the Brazil v Argentina Conferation cup game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document