Sunday, January 22, 2006

Poker Poetry

"Wee sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,O, what a panic's in thy breastie!" I mutter quietly to myself as I ponder the mistake Mr Fish is about to make by calling my all in with only a couple of outs....


But Mousie, thou art no thy lane,In proving foresight may be vain:
The best-laid schemes o mice an men
Gang aft agley,
An lea'e us nought but grief an pain,For promis'd joy!

Arghhhh fkcukckc **** how did that happen.The jammy lucky mf &&^**&^%!!

Did Rabbie Burns play poker?

Here's one that stuck in my head and is advice from a billionaire on how to make it in life.

If you wanna be rich you son of a bitch
Here's what you gotta do,
Never sit down with a tear or a frown
And paddle your own canoe...



Ok here's a sad effort of my own and the reason why Scotland celebrates Burns night and strangely hasn't got round to holding Acornman nights yet...

Here it is my poker story,
Got the guts,got the glory,
Went the distance,
Now I'm not going to stop,
Just a man and his will to survive.

Possibly certain Balboan tendencies creeping in but if I can change and you can change...maybe we can all change. ( Rocky 4)

Ok take two ( or just take this post and hit delete I hear you say!)


Take poetic advice from Acorn the Bard,
Never all in on a just a high card
Always be calm and you'll walk it

Patience is fine,Just take your time

And hit 'em with Kings in the pocket ( Aces just didnae fit as well!)


Don't play over your head
Or go on when card dead
For that is the road to disaster

Learn every day,how to make the fish pay

Then one day this fine game you will master.


Normal service complete with bad beats,moaning,terrible poker advice,hand histories,too much use of the words "and" and "but" aswell as phrases such as "of course" and "well obviously",plenty of unrequired exclamation marks and of course the usual cute pet pics of my wee doggy Nacho will resume shortly!!!!

Until then thanks for visiting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document