Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Shennanigans declared

I'd like to declare shennanigans! Played a few games of poker last night but finished early at 8.30 to get some sleep.It was 08.30am and had been another mad night at the tables ending up with me playing at Laddies $2-$4 nl 6 max game with a $229 average pot size.

Found the going tough at Laddys last night.I was at the same table as the maniac from the night before only he was slightly calmer at $2-$4 nl than $1-$2.That was until he got shortstacked and pushed with AQ.I called with 1010 but he hit both cards to win a $260 pot.

Its weird that I only move up when down for the night but I don't tilt.Probably due to the scary pot sizes.One mistake or bit of bad luck and its bye bye stack.

Left Laddys around 7.30am down $290 and feeling quite card dead.Best hand in hours and hours of 6 max play was JJ and a $24 preflop raise took the pot.

Card dead I may have been but I was also struggling to keep my emotions in check after missing out on a huge pot.Poker is about making the correct decisions and when I called a $12 raise with 88 I was ok with it .It was raised and I called again meaning I had $24 invested in the pot.Suddenly everyone is all in and the actions on me.I tell myself that I may be down but I'm not tilting and there will be better spots to get my money in the middle.( another $176 to call)

When the flop brought an 8 and I saw I would have won a $800 pot I tried to think all the right things but since Juice told me Laddys card shuffle is determined when hole cards are dealt it was hard to put it out my head.Thanks Juice!

Didn't help when I folded 53 off to another big raise and would have flopped a straight and another huge pot.

Part of this is positive affirmation where I only notice the times I would have hit and don't focus on the zillion misses with 53 or 88 and I have to keep in mind I probably played the hands correctly.

Joined an Interpoker £.25-.50 nl 6 max table with a £50 buyin and over the course of an hour wiped the floor with most of the villans at my table and finally headed for bed £120 up.I was tempted to stay up even long as I was the big stack with £170 and seemed to be hitting hands and flops for the first time in hours but I was so tired if it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped.

£120 is not quite $240 thanks to the strong Dollar but its not far off meaning I now have $1627 at Inter,$586 at Ladbrokes and $673 at Pokerroom.

Also played a $10,30 player sng at Pokerroom and bubbled in 5th when the villan hit his set on the turn.He was ahead preflop with 66 v my A7.I hit my Ace and he hit his 6 so while it was frustrating I can have no complaints.

I've also already qualified for Laddys $100k weekly raked hands freeroll having played over 600 ( 500 reqd) raked hands in a couple of days.They've stopped the $2k nightly raked hands tourney but I think I prefer the idea of one big event at the end of the week.

Ok I gotta hungry dog to feed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document