Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bankroll Stats + Weekend Update

Its been a decent week at the tables.Played for around 20 hours and finally made my goal of getting my Ladbrokes account back over the $1k mark.Current standings are Ladbrokes $1008,Pokerroom $717,Interpoker $1523 and Party $173 ( + $73). Total $3321 ( + $229 for week).

For my records:
In my 2nd year of real money poker I've made $1652 in Nov/Dec + $277 Jan1st-Feb 5th + $229 Feb 5th-Feb12th.

Total profit: $2158 since Oct 31st '05.

1st year profit Oct 31st '04- Oct 31st '05 : $4239

Overall total from Day one : $6397 ( aprox $600 bonus money included in total)


Busted my chops on Friday night trying and eventually managing the 500 raked hands required for Laddys $100k freeroll only to go out in 343rd place ( 200 pay) when my AJ never improved v 44.The blinds were coming round fast and if I'd won that hand I would probably have made the money ( $150 for 200th).

This time it was laying down 77 to a raise and an all in that frustrated me as I would have been up against AQ and AJ and would have flopped a 7.The player to my right played a great game and I noticed when I checked later he/she had made 2nd for $9k.Nice.

Finished Friday night $50 up at the ring and $129 up from my tourney placing leaving me just short of the magic $1k.After the tourney last night I was doing ok until I called a min raise with KJ and got it all in on a flop of K J 2 only for Mr Rockets to hit a 2 on the river for a better 2 pairs.That hurt and I stupidly allowed a little tilt to creep in and lost a hand ( and $40) when I tried to bluff on the river against a villan with a set.

I was annoyed at myself for playing decent ( break even) poker for 5 1/2 hours then losing $$ through my own poor control but over the course of the next couple of hours I pulled it back.Never saw Aces once in 721 hands but at least the 3 times I had KK they held up...

Posted the hand below after reading about dry sidepots and how to play them on other blogs.

First let me say I'm not in the habit of calling $12 raises with 44 but the original raiser was tilty and seemed to be throwing away what was left of his $50 buy-in whilst the other caller was a loose goose who would probably have called with any two.My reads were not far off when at showdown the first villan bet $12 with A8 and the loose goose called with K7 but that sadly didn't win me the pot.

I posted the hand to see what people think.Initially I was kicking myself.If I'd bet the turn and Mr K7 had folded I win the pot.My worry was I wouldn't be able to call if he'd reraised me .I'd also been playing tightly and he may well have folded expecting me to have a better holding than 44.That's probably why he checked when he hit his 7 on the river.


** Game ID 426483279 starting - 2006-02-12 01:00:18** Bayin [Hold 'em] (0.250.50 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- ladron sitting in seat 1 with $14.80- Relief sitting in seat 2 with $40.18- oh-jeah sitting in seat 3 with $50.71- Mini-Me sitting in seat 4 with $53.15- duster28 sitting in seat 5 with $69.27 [Dealer]- Acornman sitting in seat 6 with $66.79

Acornman posted the small blind - $0.25 ladron posted the big blind - $0.50**

Dealing card to Acornman: 4 of Clubs, 4 of Diamonds

Relief folded oh-jeah called - $0.50 Mini-Me raised - $2.00 duster28 called - $2.00 Acornman called - $2.00 ladron raised - $12.50oh- jeah folded Mini-Me folded duster28 called - $12.50 Acornman called - $12.50

** Dealing the flop: 10 of Clubs, Jack of Spades, 3 of Clubs

Acornman checked , ladron went all-in - $2.80 , duster28 called - $2.80, Acornman called - $2.80

** Dealing the turn: Jack of Diamonds

Acornman checked, duster28 checked

** Dealing the river: 7 of Spades

Acornman checked, duster28 checked ,ladron shows: Ace of Hearts, 8 of Clubs

duster28 shows: 7 of Hearts, King of Hearts Acornman mucks: 4 of Clubs, 4 of Diamondsduster28 wins $46.00 from the main pot


Nearly didn't post today.In a shitty mood after losing the Old Firm game 1-0 at Ibrox to the vermin from the Eastend.Two poor teams and a poor game.We had 2 shots on target.They scored with the one they had.If I was a celti*c fan I would blame the referee but thats not the Rangers way.Paul Le Guen's assistant was at the game and I can only hope this means Le Gaffer is closer to coming to Ibrox.He's won 3 titles in a row at Lyon and transformed them into one of the most exciting teams in Europe and whilst there are no certainties in sport I would fancy his chances v the other mob.

Vive La Revolution....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document