Thursday, February 02, 2006

Monkeying around

Had a fine night playing Ridge racer last night before hitting the tables at Pokerroom for 23 minutes.I was at a .50 nl ring table and just wasn't feeling very patient at all.Called a raise with 10c 9c and chased like a drawing donkey. First an open ended straight draw ( Jh 8h Jc flop) and added a flush draw when another club came on the turn.I put the villan on AA or KK but when I missed on the river ( 3h) I was $20 down already in the hand and was very tempted to push all in to represent either the flush or set of Jacks but I had no read at all on the other player and no clue if he was good enough to be considering my holding and what an all in bet from me could mean or if he was the type to call me down with a large pp no matter what the board read.I'd put him on AA or K K due to his 10bb preflop raise.

I weakly checked my busted hand and he checked behind showing 66 to take the pot.At a $1nl table I would probably have pushed but at a .50 table I was new to I didn't think it worth the risk depsite a bet being my only hope of winning the hand.

Headed off to bed $23 down for my 23 minutes outdoing my $15 profit in 15 mins yesterday.

Mark asked me last night when I last had a day with no poker.I think I managed to stay away on Xmas day/night but before that it would be the last day of my holiday in Sept.This doesn't mean I play every hour available but a wee break for a few days to freshen up my attitude at the table would probably help.My idea of a poker break is playing full ring instead of 6 max....

Noticed Ten Mile mention in Garyc's comments section that Wil Wheaton blogged about possibly organising a European poker bloggers tourney at 'Stars if there was enough interest.I'd certainly be up for it and will be registering on his site to say so.

I've also asked Captain America if he can make a ROW v USA game on Sunday.Been a while and I miss playing with ( and kickin' the ass of ) my US blogger friends.

I would hope to get some positive replies from Juice,The Edge ,Rosie and the London crew this time for both above tourneys.I've seen your bankroll chart Juice so no excuses about cost accepted! ( besides your our nominated trash talker required to give Eminem verbal hell!)

Nearly another week of taking abuse from the public over.I've mentioned before I deal with high level ( I'm on the 3rd floor) phone company complaints.This weeks "you couldn't make it up" moment was dealing with the customer who wanted compensation for burning her dinner when the gas company phoned her while she was cooking. Not the phone company I work for but the gas board! She explained she called us because she thought we were in partnership with them.I'm a phone monkey....get me out of here...

10 Comments:

At Thursday, 02 February, 2006, Blogger Meek said...

Sunday is the Superbowl, so most of the USA will be occupied with that. On they other hand, that may thin the USA side to be even with the ROtW.

 
At Thursday, 02 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Maybe I should make it a headsup event :-)

Who do I email to request postponing your wee footy game for a week or two? ;-)

Seriously though thanks for the reminder.Valentines weekend next weekend so maybe looking at 19th.

At least that should give us plenty of pimping time...

 
At Thursday, 02 February, 2006, Blogger GaryC said...

I'm in if you want to do it this Sunday, I can watch the game in the background.

Let me know what you think, I've already pimped it. Oops.

G

 
At Thursday, 02 February, 2006, Blogger Rosie said...

Much as I'd love to (no, honestly), don't really want to reopen my account at pokerstars. Let me know if you ever find an alternative location

 
At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Seen my bankroll? Are you joking? Im poor. Im trying to lay the groundwork for an assult on the high stakes. Im not ready for taking on our yankie friends.

Incidentally do they even know where scotland is? ;-) in africa isnt it?

 
At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Looks like Superbowl kicks off at 6.30pm est.What about playing the tourney at 5pm est.( 10 pm gmt)?

I hope you will play Juice.Your not going to let down 4.9 billion people again?

The only poor thing about you are your excuses!!

Your not off the hook either Rosie.How hard can it be to stick a tenner in your 'Stars account!

Poor show if its only me and Colin representing the ROW.

 
At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

4.9 billion people? What is that my female fan club?

 
At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

4.9 billion is just the waiting list to join your over subscribed fan club .lol

 
At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

There is plenty of Juice to go around. I keep it in the fridge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document