Wednesday, February 01, 2006

March in the sun

Hello,I'm Little Acornman.Bought the two Johnny Cash live prison gig cd's on Monday and while Mrs A was working I rolled a couple of nice fat smokes and lay back on the couch and chilled out to his classic tunes.Looking forward to seeing the film on Friday.

Played for 15 minutes later at Party on the $25 buy-in nl full ring tables and won $15.Quite enjoyed the change of pace from 6 max.

Played for 20 mins last night at Party and a wee while at Inter for a whopping $5 overall profit.
On reading some of the forums I'm may be a bit harsh and demanding of myself sometimes.Tempted as I am to cash out a big wad of my roll I feel I'd be a lot more comfortable playing 6 max $100 or $200 nl when/if I get my roll nearer the $5k mark.I would love the security that would bring to my game instead of feeling that with only 15 * a $200 buy in any bad run could easily bust me.

While adjustments have to be made when moving up from $25nl to $200nl the extra padding in the roll would mean I could play my A game.At the .25-.50 tables although I play tightly I don't miss a chance to get in there with more speculative hands preflop if I have position and face a weak preflop raise.I actually think the size of bet a player makes preflop is a vital factor in working out how good they are.I love calling 2bb raises with not much ready to fit or fold on the flop.

Despite hating min bets and raises at the lowest levels they can serve as great information bets.Donkey bets 2 bb preflop.I call with nothing and the flop comes with an Ace.If I'm first to act or its checked to me with only 2-3 of us in the pot I may well make a min bet and try and gain information from the preflop raisers reaction to it.

In some situations when drawing if you feel you can get a cheaper turn card by making a blocking bet then why not do it.What I mean is that say you call a 4bb raise and are 4 to the flush post flop.Instead of checking and only calling if you have odds I like to lead out sometimes with a bet which if called and not raised will give me odds.Even if you are raised if the villan has AA he'll still usually be cautious as you could have 2 pair or trips so you should get a fairly cheap turn card.He may even fold the best hand to your bet.

This is for 6 max and works best when you have an idea of how your opponents are playing.


Booked a weeks holiday for Mrs A and I at the 5 star Reef Oasis hotel in Sharm El Sheikh leaving on March 19th.Good flight times and the reviews on Tripadvisor and holidaysuncovered
are mostly excellent.It was -4c the other morning so it'll be great to get some sunshine.I wonder how many camels I'll be offered for Mrs A this time! I will certainly refuse to entertain any offer.....under 100.

Also organised my kilt for my sister wedding in May.Fell out with my Mum on Friday because the kilt hire shop is 2 minutes from my work yet she wanted me to go with my cousins on Sunday during the football.Choose a Ferguson tartan and I'm paying £76 for the hire of it for 3 days! Forget pro poker and start a kilt hire shop.This will only be the 2nd time in my 33 years that I've ever worn a kilt.( and yes I will be a traditional Scotsman!). Chose the Ferguson tartan as there isn't one with my family surname ( no acorn tartan..what a shocker!).Wore a Rangers tartan last time and as Barry Ferguson Captains the Gers it nice to have some link to my beloved team.

Back later in the week.Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document