Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Monsters Under the Bed

Managed to muddy the waters enough to help my workmate out and he thanked me for my help today which is a relief.Thanks for comments.

Played poker at Ladbrokes .10-.20nl full ring with Juice and Rosie late last night and had a blast.I really enjoyed the game and won $15 for my efforts despite playing a couple of hands quite poorly.On my 2nd last hand I limp with KJ from late postion and slow down on a K J 2 flop as I'm fearing the villan has a set of twos.Quite why I feared this I don't know.Possibly failure to spot trips recently led me to be over cautious.

Ended up folding his large river bet when I'd changed my mind and put him on QQ which would have given him a rivered straight.He may have called me down anyway but I was annoyed at myself for not playing it well.

Took a bit of adjustment playing in a full ring game.Rosie mentioned not being ruthless enough sometimes when in hands with players she knows and I can be a bit of a wimp in those situations too.I get 99 and flop a set.Now to be fair the board was a scary 8 9 J but I bet out big and while I'm not adverse to bluffing it must have screamed "stay out my way" and to be honest I was glad Rosie did just that and folded.

All good fun and hit the sack at 1am and lay awake pondering my workmates fate for a while before dropping off.

Almost time to book another break from work.I've 7 days leave to take by the end of March and fancy another week in the sun.Tenerife,Tunisia,Sharm el Sheik and Lanzarote are possible destinations.Roll on.

Spoke to my sis tonight and she's asked me read some poetry ( not my effort from my previous post surprisingly lol ) and I agreed.I offered to do the "Old King Billy had a ten foot willy" poem ( he showed it to the neighbour next door,she thought it was a snake and hit it with a rake and now its only five feet four..) but looks like it'll be slightly more high brow!

I see the hype has started for the film about the life of Johnny Cash "Walk the Line".Out on Feb 3rd and I'm really looking forward to learning more about The Man in Black.Checked out a few clips on the net and it looks good with plenty of his music throughout.

I'll be looking for the poor and beaten down later at the tables....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document