Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hee Haw

Garyc mentioned there being at least one joker who goes all in on the first hand of most SNG's.I read his post just after I'd crashed out of a $5 sng after going all in on the first hand with JJ.It was a donkey move.I even called 2 all ins before it got to me.The villans had AK and QQ with QQ holding up.No real logic to my call other than being happy at the thought of either being out or tripling up my stack.I wouldn't have done it in a $10 sng but boredom and greed got the better of me.

Moved to Party and bought into a $25 nl full ring table.Lost $20 when I called a pathetic min preflop raise with 7 5 sooted.Flop came 7 5 J.Ended up all in with the preflop raising villan who had AA and hit his miracle A on the river to win.

Changed tact and tried out the 6 max tables at Party for the first time.Maybe it was just the table I was at but some of the plays I saw people make were enough to put a big smile on my face.

Finished playing after an hour having racked up an astounding $1.57 profit.Better than a loss I suppose.

Not much else going on today.Going up to my Mum and Dads tomorrow night so Step A can try on her bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding in May.

My friend the Big Chap phoned last night.He's in a lot of pain just now with back problems.We used to play pool every week until he moved a year or so ago and I was hoping for a game to warm up for Juice's visit in a couple of weeks but looks like the Big Chap won't be playing much pool for the forseeable.

Here's a couple of good yins from around the web before I go.I like the photo ( I shoulda let the donkey play my $5 sng last night) and loved the bad beat story posted on a Holdem forum by "Muck".












By "Muck".

How about this one on WillHill last night. I pick up [A][A] in the BB. I raise 5xBB and it folds around to the button who calls.

Flop: [Ace][Joker][The Rules of Bridge]

Now I knew he wouldn’t call my raise with just TRoB but he could be have pocket Jokers and wanted to see if the flop brought over cards. I move all-in to take down the pot and he calls.

Turn: [Blank...completely white]

River: [Mr Bun the Baker] I show my Trips.

He turns over [Kernel Mustard][Candle Stick] to take down the pot.

Now that’s a bad beat!


Here's the "unbreakable" bone Juice and Mr Edge sent Nacho...

















Still its day 2 and he's not finished it which has to be a new record for him....

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 08 February, 2006, Blogger TripJax said...

Funny how the size of the buy-in can change the way we play huh?

Ever play a freeroll and have the "awwfuckits." It is still money at the end of the poker rainbow, but sometimes the low stakes give us a perceived reason to gambool.

Nice post.

 
At Thursday, 09 February, 2006, Blogger Poker Jones said...

Dude:

I would encourage to continue mining those 6-max tables. Play as smart as I think you are and you'll be enjoying the action (and profits) to be had there.

 
At Thursday, 09 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

It was slack Trip.No doubt.I should always play 100% whether it a freeroll or a $100k tourney.

Those 6 max tables at Party fill up fast.Hope to get back on there tonight....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document