Friday, April 21, 2006

Cowboys smoked

My sister texted me last night to say her latest cancer check has come back all clear which with only 2 weeks to go until her wedding is fantastic news.I’ve read over the speech I’ll be making ( marriage blessing) a few times and so long as I avoid hoping “your marriage brings you all the exquisite excrements” instead of “excitements” then it should go ok.


Enjoyed better nights than last night at the tables.I didn’t start until around 11.30pm.I love playing poker but I’m terrible at getting started and have been for ages now.I suppose if I play every night no matter what mood I’m in or how tired I am it can be hit or miss as to how well I play and I never really know until I sit down.I’m going to stick to my recent warm up routine of playing a $5 sng or a freeroll to get in the right frame of mind from now on.

Sngs/mtts are great fun thanks to the escalating blinds and ever changing strategies that have to be adopted but I can’t ever imagine trying to make a decent profit at them.I did come 28th from 896 in Laddys daily freeroll the other night for a $10 profit but it required a bit of luck and a longish slog for not a lot of wonga.( $$$!).

Perhaps playing $10 or $20 sngs may be worth a try.I’d like to improve my tourney play especially as I’ll be playing in the Dadi Wsop event next Monday night.


Last night I played for just over an hour and lost $60 at Interpoker.My KK ran into a flopped nut spade flush which cost me $35 moments after I’d taken my seat.I’d raised preflop and had the Ks in my hand thinking I was ahead or even if behind to a flopped flush I thought if another spade hit I had a good chance of taking the lead.Never nice protecting a made hand with outs which was beaten on every street after the flop.

Moved tables ( £25 buy in 6 max) and got involved in a silly hand when I called a raise with K9 sooted from late position as it was a family pot.Post flop there was a min bet of 50p into a £6 pot which was called all the way round on a Q 8 7 rainbow board.I had one overcard and no decent draws and someone could have been slowplaying 2 pair or trips but for 50p I decided to see the next card which was a King.No major action so far so I bet £4 hoping my K was good.( no point staying in the hand to check if I did hit). All folded to the shortstack who raised me all in for another £7.I called and he showed his Rockets to take it down.He had raised preflop and with so many players around post-flop had played it poorly with his min raise but as I should probably never been in the hand in the first place I could have no complaints.

Just finished reading The Theory of Poker and what a fine toilet read it made too.Picked up a few wee gems from it but as I’m a holdem only player a lot of it was wasted on me.I have no desire whatsoever to learn Omaha,Razz etc. I’m a creature of habit and I like my No –Limit habit!

Ok off to the 'Gow to cheer on EK Thistle tomorrow.After drawing the other night we have 2 games left and must win on Saturday to have a chance of promotion.Sunday is the Old Firm game at the Piggery and this time I don't have a ticket.My cousins coming over to watch it then hopefully we're heading out to play some live poker afterwards.

Back Sunday with figures....

2 Comments:

At Friday, 21 April, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

perhaps you should give your speech a poker theme.

"marriage is like a poker session, you have hot streaks, and times when you just think aobut packing it in, but people stick at it because in the end you get your reward!"

Then go on to analyse your poker session last night. Class ;-)

Thats great news about your sister. Cancer is such a dark cloud and burden

 
At Saturday, 22 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Juice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document