Friday, April 14, 2006

Son of a fish

Mrs A ended up working last night so I stopped off to visit my Mum and Dad on the way home from work.After a fine plate of mince and tatties my Mum told me she had deposited another $50 at Party and was down to her last $5.We bought into a .02c-.04c beginners table and within ½ hour our Hilton sisters had sucked out on a pair of cowboys and we’d doubled Mums buy-in.

My dear Mother is unfortunately though still very much of the guppy variety when it comes to poker.If anyone ever wondered what a fish is thinking while playing let me give you an insight.K10 under the gun at a full ring table becomes playable until the flop dictates otherwise.I gently tried to discuss the idea of “dominated hands” as I hit the fold button on her behalf.She wishes to have no discussion whatever on pot odds.Her pot odds mouse mat was upside down! She says she is just playing for fun.I pointed out that winning other players money makes the game much more fun but she’s too stubborn to explore the game in even a tiny bit more depth.

I think sadly she’s decided she can afford to spend a little money on her poker hobby every month and wont push herself to learn more,play more patiently and start winning! I suppose the bottom line for anyone play recreationally is that it’s enjoyable and that we all enjoy the game for our own reasons and at our own level.

Some of her thinking must have crept into my game last night.I logged on but didn’t really feel like playing.I registered for a $5 sng then left before railbirding the fearless Rosie at an mtt at Laddys for a while.

Later I found Juice,Rosie and Mr Edge at a full ring .15-.30 table.I’ve not played much outside 6 max recently and never tightened up accordingly which meant I was soon the reloading King of table.Gave some away to Mr Edge when his KQ outkicked my KJ on a King high board.Ok it wasn’t K10 utg but it wasn’t too far off it! I think I was certainly chatting too much to pick up much at the table but I did notice that what started as a juicy loose table had changed into the opposite just before we all left around 1am.I’d dropped $38 due to slackness,poor plays and lack of concentration so moved to a $50nl 6 max table for 10 minutes and immediately felt at home.Won $10 back quite quickly and called it a night.

Working 5 hours overtime on Monday for triple time and off to see the Rangers tomorrow.On Sunday my cousin and I are going to the Wabash club in Glasgow for some live poker.Its only a £5 nl rebuy tourney so no high stakes stuff for me.Only played live a few times now and really enjoyed the experience.Looking forward to it.

Finally booked up a holiday for Mrs A,Step A and me.We’re off to sunny Majorca on May 27th for a weeks all inclusive fun staying near Puerto Pollensa.Its 4 star,gets great reviews and has air con.

Going for a chippy now.Can’t beat a sausage supper ( 2 sausages covered in thick batter,deep fried with fries) to start the weekend.Not the healthiest but certainly hits the spot!

Have a great Easter weekend and remember only to put all your eggs in one basket if you have the nuts...

10 Comments:

At Saturday, 15 April, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

KT utg isnt that criminal on a passive table.

Although can you publish Mother acorns log in as im a bit short this month!

 
At Saturday, 15 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

It was a .02c-.04c table!

Mother Acorns probably blown her last $9 by now.She'll need to wait for next months pension now :-)

 
At Saturday, 15 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, battered.

 
At Sunday, 16 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Can't beat a bit of batter on yer banger Butroz ;-)

 
At Sunday, 16 April, 2006, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Mmmm that does sound good. We just can't get good Continental food like that in nyc man. Enjoy the holidays.

 
At Sunday, 16 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Hoyazo.Have a good one yourself pal.

 
At Sunday, 16 April, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

butroz you are always thinking of food!

 
At Monday, 17 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err, yes.

Next big food event is a whole lamb roast I'm planning for the summer.

Did half a pig in my back garden last year. That was delicious, and great fun, but I think a lamb will be more managable.

Suppose I should be doing goat really. Hmmm, perhaps for bonfire night.

 
At Monday, 17 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and yes, I am a fat b'stard.

 
At Monday, 17 April, 2006, Blogger TripJax said...

love the title by the way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document