Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Cry Cry Cry

Never mock the poker gods! Lost a $65 pot at Party when my AK was beaten by K9 with the 9 coming on the turn after we got our money in on the flop.This time instead of hardly blinking I cried for hours.Great big wailing sobs.( honest I did poker gods).

Moved up to a $100 nl table and was down to $65 within 15 minutes.Stayed patient and gradually eked out a few pots and left that table $13 down which almost felt like a victory.So I dropped $45 for the night overall.Nothing much to worry about.Can't win 'em all.

Thanks to Klopzi for the comment left re moving up and bankroll management.If/when I reach $5k then moving up to $100 nl 6max with stop/gaps in place is probably the way I'll go.I've actually played $100 nl fullring at Pokerroom and been quite successful over several thousand hands but 6 max is an entirely different beast and I will be treading carefully before moving up permanently.( though I will take the odd wee pop at it like last night).



I work for a very large company dealing with complaints.Found out today I'm going to be dealing with "letters to the directors" from now on which I'm not too happy about as most want replies in writing and I hate writing letters.This career path was not what I discussed with my school careers officer just a few short ( ahem) years ago! I wish I'd worked harder in school and become a teacher.I got a conditional acceptance to college to do Primary school teaching but my wild youth meant I never quite got the grades needed.I probably earn more than a teacher but that's not the point.

Mark will be over soon for our weekly ps2 session.Looking forward to tackling "Black" again.

Ok thats all for now...

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 12 April, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

surely it was those trips to Thailand that prevented you becoming a primary school teacher?!

 
At Thursday, 13 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Too many trips ;-) Nah I wasn't that bad....

 
At Thursday, 13 April, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

Tough luck at the tables, but at least you had the best of it with the money in, right?

With careful bankroll management, little stumbling blocks (like unlucky hands) stop really meaning anything. Play your game and you'll come out ahead.

And thanks for the props in your post! I appreciate it!

Have a great long weekend!

 
At Thursday, 13 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Klopzi.Have a good one yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document