Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sucker Snowmen

Only played for 10 minutes at Laddys last night and picked a wild table to sit down at.Bought in for the maximum $50.Table pot average $41.A maniac/loose aggressive had a $400 stack and seemed to be hitting cards left,right and centre.He'd won playing hands like A6 as if they were Aces or Kings and by raising people out of the pot whenever he detected weakness.

I folded down to $46 then picked up 88 and decided to take a stand.Not good timing as the all in maniac had JJ and took my buy-in.I left right away and let the sick kicked in the nuts feeling wash over me before getting back on the horse at Party for 5 mins then hitting the sack.

As I made my way upstairs I realised I honestly wasn't at all bothered about the $50 loss.He was a maniac and I took a stand at a bad time.Happens.I suppose after a nearly 1 1/2 yrs of real money online play if I hadn't learned to absorb losing a buy-in I'm in the wrong game.

It's a thin line between playing at a level that hurts to keep focussed and being able to put the loss of a buy-in to the back of my mind quickly.

On the subject of games the feeling is just returning to my feet after 90 mins watching EK Thistle play Rutherglen Glencairn.Finished 2-2 with EK equalising in the last 5 minutes to keep our promotion/title dreams alive.2 games to go and its tight at the top.

Time for a last smoke and some more poker...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document